Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can these mods be on a rare jewel?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by HuggieTheBear, Aug 29, 2006.

1. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

Can these mods be on a rare jewel?

They must all be on the same jewel (i dont know how many can be on a jewel, so I will make the jewel how I would want it to be).

30 ed
    9 max dam
    9 str
    9 dex
    7 fhr

Alright, tell me if this is possible. What is the max amount of mods (prefix/suffix)? Thanks.

2. BoSsS

BoSsS IncGamers Member

Yes, its possiblebut the odds are really slim :rolleyes:
    "Rare Items have 2 to 6 magical properties or Magic Prefixes or Magic Suffixes."...but there will never be more than 3 Prefixes or 3 Suffixes on the same Rare Item.

30 ed (prefix)
    9 max dam (prefix)
    9 str (suffix)
    9 dex (suffix)
    7 fhr (suffix)

3. HuggieTheBear

For epeener points whats is the chance this jewel will spawn! =)

Oh, thanks alot to for the answer.

4. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Not entirely correct

Rare jewels have three to four affixes (I've never seen one with only two suffixes or prefixes like other rare items), though some have the same effect. Carbuncle Jewel of Wrath would have +(7-14) to Maximum Damage, but it's still two affixes. Likewise, a rare may appear to have two, but it should have at least three.

In .09 Blizzard nerfed jewels to prohibit rares from having five or more affixes. Rerolling .07/.08 rares in later releases will result in a current-day rare. Since rare jewels have a relatively low maximum affix level, you should be able to six-skull rare jewels with a very high-level character to attain any affix available without the fear of bringing the ILvl down too low. This is why skulls and worthless rare jewels still trade. Using the correct level character can also net an extremely valuable LLD jewel, worth multiple high runes or equivalents.

5. HuggieTheBear

hrmm.. ok thats cool =)

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

A "Carbuncle jewel of Wrath" would NOT have +(7-14) to maximum damage, it would have one straight number, up to 20 to max damage. (I found one of those, they trade for Ist+ because of their lvl18 requirement.

Back in the pre-1.09 days, six jewels with six affixes in the same items would sometimes crash the game. Lame way of fixing it, but jewels WERE a bit overpowered back then.

7. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

actually it would have +(7-14) to max damage as it just expressing a range of possible max damages and not saying as would appear on the jewel. those are lvl 9.
    it cant have up to 20 as that would be of carnage anyway which as you say would be lvl 18.

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

silly me not checking.