Can the countess be first dropped?

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
Can the countess be first dropped?

I know act bosses can be "first dropped" to enhance item quality, but does the countess quest have any similar feature? IIRC when killing her for quest credit she has an enhanced chance to drop runes, or something. If my BO barb has quest credit and creates games so that the countess quest is not available, will my MF sorc get anything better from her? If so, I will avoid that quest while playing my MFer up. Also, will it have any negative effect on her special key drop rate? That's the main reason I am going to run her.

A quick search didn't pop up anything on the subject
(sorry, I did try! :jig: )

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
iirc she can't, ATMA doesn't list a questdrop on her, and only special thing about her first drop would be that the chest in her room opens.

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
Her first drop involves the chest. You can activate the first drop even if you already accomplished it, by entering a game created by a char that hasn't completed the quest and killing the Couness. This will activate the chest opening script.

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh interesting ... sort of backwards compared to how act bosses are first-dropped. This is easier to do anyways, I was not looking forward to beating the countess with a prebuff barb anyway.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
That chest drops like a sparkly chest IIRC. It has the same TC caps as other act 1 chests.

Countess rolls her rune drop after her normal drop, but all monsters are capped at 6 items. She has 5 picks from her normal drop, and 3 from the rune drop. More players in the game will increase her drops, BUT since the normal drop is counted first, she will actually drop LESS runes. (Higher chance for 5 items = lower chance for 2 or 3 runes)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
AFAIK the chest pops up for the quest, not for the first kill and there is no first kill drop for her. Unlike the first kill drop of act bosses, it's a quest reward, i.e. an event which happens when the quest is solved, so the chest won't pop up anymore on subsequent kills, even when you never killed her yourself before.

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
Remeber - on average any countess run will drops runes - not 100% - but you have a good chance of getting runes on every drop.