Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can someone please explain?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Edge666, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Edge666

Edge666 Banned

Can someone please explain?

I don't quite understand why trading runes isn't allowed... I mean they tell people not to trade duped items right? So shouldn't that mean runes too? And shouldn't that allow for the trading of runes since honosty is being entrusted to every other item traded just like runes should?

And while we're at it, this isn't a trade request, but does anyone have an idea about how I could go about finding both a legit Ber and a legit Ist rune? I have all runes under the sun, save Zod, Cham, Sur, and obviously Ber and Ist. I was disapointed coming here hoping to post a trade up for these... oh well. I need these items to make my new barbarian a chains of honor :-D

Thanks again.

2. Edge666

Edge666 Banned

2 jahs :D but yeah

one of those might be going into a grandfather sometime soon

3. Edge666

Edge666 Banned

my bad... i dont have a Lo either

4. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

You surely got some sparetime.

5. OCAU_MIKLE

OCAU_MIKLE Banned

Either that or he does 1.09 forge rushes.

- OCAU_MIKLE.

6. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

1.09 HF rushes would be useless as you can only get up to Um... still 2 Jah's and a lvl 99 :cool:

7. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Doubt it. Even with strooj's level of playtime per day, you can probably get a ber per month, and I really don't know anyone else who can keep up that kind of play for 4 months.

8. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

For those who have 1.09 lvl 99s (presumably through cowing) did the cows drop runes/jewels/charms like they do in 1.10? I presume those folks with 1.09 lvl 99s might finish up with some pretty decent runes.

9. corax

corax IncGamers Member

cow drops were nerfed in 1.10 so they used to be even better.

thats a mighty impressive list of runes :D mine only stand at Jah and Sur being the only ones Ohm and Above. and i play generally a minimum of 6 hours a day or so. sometimes more.

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I remember when I tried to get lvl99 with ww barb (never got there), good old 1.09 days. I remember 1.09 cows drop heaps better. but I really hate cow runs, so boring.

11. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

but still not very good...also rune drops where improved in 1.10 so it's probably sort of the same...although with all the outrageous rune finds claims floating around, it's probably a lot easier to find runes in 1.10.

12. DeathMaster

1.09 cows are much easier to run. you can kill more cows in shorter time = better drops.

13. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Imo it's just that runes are a lot more useful in 1.10 than they were in 1.09, which makes "finding" them a lot more attractive, thus the increase in rune finds. ^_-

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

That's what I meant...

Deathmaster: Even with vastly improved run times, I still believe that 1.10 would yield better results...maybe not in cows, but Pits or Baal running. The odds of a high rune dropping in 1.09 makes my head hurt.

15. DeathMaster

If I'm not mistaking, 1.09 was pretty much full of cows runs (ok, my assasin builds didn't do much cows). At least from what I've seen, 1.09 cows are good for runes. I can't compary however, since I don't really do cows in 1.10.

16. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

The reasoning is that it's impossible to determine if a rune has been duped/generated by 'abnormal' means. A lot of people seem to disbelieve a lot of the rune finds going around, so as a means of preventing mass flaming rune trades got banned.

Presumably the same way you got your other runes - luck and patience. Ist can be found from Hell Countess runs, although it's right at the top of her special drops. Kill her on /players 1 for maximum effect.

Ber, on the other hand, there's no easy solution. It's above the Hellforge's maximum drop of a Gul, and even beyond the Countess' regular item drop (Lo, although no more likely than any other monster of her item TC). Your best bet would be either:

- Mass Countess runs, and hope for a ton of Ists or a lucky drop from her minions. The Countess' minions can drop up to Zod - but it's astronomically unlikely.
    - Mass cow runs, and hope for a lucky drop.
    - Run an area's containers. I forget what Act III Hell's chests can drop up to but it must be fairly high up... Lower Kurast chest-runs don't take that long either.
    - Do the usual MFing spots (Pit, WSK, Pindle, Baal, whatever) and hope for a lucky drop.

17. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

The actual reason that the trading of runes is not allowed is becuase the majority of rational people that frequent these forums want it that way. If trading were allowed, it would shortly be similar to battlenet, where at last look, you could by a Zod for about five dollars. The value of items would drop to zippo, and we'd all be back to the SoJ economy that destroyed the game for so many.

The real nice thing about runes as a basis of trade is that they are consumable. It's really a shame that they are so easily duped, and obtainable through cheesy play techniques.

18. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Theoretically, the one monster with the highest odds of dropping a zod - aside from uber diablo - is Hephasto. Run him on /players8 for maximal number of drops. Beyond that, the best places for finding high-end runes are Lower Kurast runs (just opening super chests on /players8 because they drop lots of items and have a high chance to drop runes), cow runs, countess or Hellforge runs and cube up your results, or your normal lvl 85 MF runs.

The thing about runes - and this is both why people are getting on your case and why rune trades aren't allowed - is that they are incredibly (read: impossibly) hard to find. And to confound matters, they are incredibly easy to dupe. Oh yeah, and they don't have fingerprints. Brilliant idea there, Bliz. The trade system is based on honesty, but its always nice to be able to check your sources, neh?

Good luck finding those high-end runes, you'll need it!

@ most everyone else: "If you can't say nothing nice, then don't say nothing at all."

19. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Actually that wouldn't make a difference.. instead of duping zod's everyone would dupe chams and cube them up. The game will create a new item (the zod) and thus will create a new fingerprint. I just wanted to use the word thus.

''Mil & Sam''

20. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Your a liar. Why do you continue with this childish display?