Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can someone explain difference b/w BvC, BvB, BvA?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by d00m2k, Sep 4, 2006.

1. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Can someone explain difference b/w BvC, BvB, BvA?

I've looked for guides and such, but I'm having a tough time finding anything that's up to date.

I understand:
    BvC = Barb v. Caster build
    BvB = Barb v. Barb build
    BvA = Barb v. All?

What's the difference between these builds? How do BvBs wipe the floor so easily with BvCs? Where do BvAs fit in?

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

BvBs are made to duel vs. melee and they suck versus casters.
    BvAs are made to duel everyone, but due to all the skillpoints needed, BvAs end up weaker than either BvC or BvB.
    BvCs are made to duel casters, but they can beat up anything except BvBs.

3. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Thanks for restating what I already said ;) I was looking for the actual differences, i.e. what skills they use, or gear, and what makes one so much better at its intended function.

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

BvBs have 20 shout, 20 bo, 20 ww, 20 axe mastery, rest iron skin
    BvCs have 13-20 leap, 20 bo, 20 ww, 20 axe mastery 5-6 nat res, ~6 increased speed
    BvAs have a mix of these two (most likely 20 ww, 20 axe mastery, 13 ww, 5 nat res, 6 inc speed rest shout)

BvBs use gear like Fortitude, Grief, Stormshield, Arreat's, Angelics, Dungo, Goreriders, Draculs.
    BvCs use gear like Enigma, Grief, Beast, CoA 'BerBer', 2* Ravens + Highlords, Arachnid's, triple resistance boots, Draculs or Trangs.
    BvAs have the same gear as BvCs in pubs, but also can use the same gear as the BvB.

BvBs got maximum blocking, enough str to use all items without Enigma, thus having low life.
    BvCs have only enough stats for the necessary gear changes and have high life.
    BvAs have higher life than BvBs but lower than BvCs and can use the same gear as BvBs most likely, or with a few additions.