Can Some One Tell Me....

WuTangClan

Diabloii.Net Member
Can Some One Tell Me....

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME... what the best bowazon would be for soloing in hell and not dieing ty alot!

Wutangclan

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
well.. bowzons really died in 1.10. None can solo hell easily. People only make bowzons today for pvp.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
no, hammerdins are a viable and powerful build in 1.10 but they are not my favorite builds.

I'm just saying the patch 1.10 really nerfed bowzons. They are quite difficult to make and I mainly see them in pvp games, never in pvm.

MagicMoron

Diabloii.Net Member
I know many people on East HCL with successful high level bowazons.
The only one that successfully deals with PIs is a build that uses Brand and Atma's Ammy.

It's true that they are quite difficult to make, and don't have much option for their gear, but if you can afford it they are quite powerful. IMO one of the best Cs clearers.

In Cs there are very few PIs unless they are bosses, so Cold Arrow/Magic Arrow take care of them nicely.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowzons, strafezons in particular can still be damn powerful in hell (NO i am not talking about faith+fort using zons, with godly runeword weapons on merc and other obscene crap) in multi player hell games, they just aren't the "LIK OMFG DUDE MAXZ GUIDE ARROWZ AND MULTIZ AND YA PWNZ!" easy fire and forget invulnerable (hell monster damage was a joke compared to now) builds that they were in 1.09.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't like strafe, maybe i never tried it with a good bow, but any strafer can tell you about the herculean effort necessary to hit 2fpa.

i've run through a freezing arrow build, a multishot build, and a strafer through hell. strafer was the weakest. if you go with multishot as your main attack, i would say get max 10-12 after skill bonuses, after that the spread gets far too wide. freezing arrow was the strongest, with a few points in ms for ci's.

however, after being introduced to the joys of jab...jabjabjab...and being able to say "cut out that jibba jabba!" all the time...

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
well.. bowzons really died in 1.10. None can solo hell easily. People only make bowzons today for pvp.
i only pvm with zons....most of my builds easily solo hell....expensive equipment on some but other econo builds solo just not as fast....i was able to finish hell with my fa/immo zon using a cracked short bow.

XZON

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP only. Hah. Cheap? No. Then again, these days everyone is rich. Besides a multi build with faith & fortitude (with Magic arrow or FA for PI's) and a might merc with reapers toll which can easily solo hell, you have a pure strafe build using a windforce, same PI solution and same merc, or a hybrid. All can easily solo hell.

Windforce/shaeled or ias/ed jeweled
laying of hands
andarials helm w/ 15% ias jewel
cats eye
duriels shell, tals armor either w/ 15% ias jewel
thundergods vigor
ravenfrost
dwarf star
war travlers
annihilus
hel'd demon limb on switch (level 23 enchant 11 minutes)

120-125% ias = 9/2 strafe

max strafe, pierce, magic arrow, valk to 14 (17 with skills), critical strike 60% and a few in passives.

max dex, str for gear, no energy or life (softcore only)
charms for life & resists.

might merc with reapers. (chance to cast decrep)

not all that expensive at all except the annihilus. your damage will rock, your speed will be awesome, your AR will be fine from enchant, you will absorb all 3 types of elemental damage, your life could be between 650 and 800, your resists will be good to maxed depending on charms. Keep all the badies in front of you or better yet, in groups and you will mow them down. Slow missles for ranged attackers or souls and magic arrow for PI's that decrep does not break. Pretty damn easy and gear costs about a high rune total(except the annihilus).

XZON

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
i don't like strafe, maybe i never tried it with a good bow, but any strafer can tell you about the herculean effort necessary to hit 2fpa.

i've run through a freezing arrow build, a multishot build, and a strafer through hell. strafer was the weakest. if you go with multishot as your main attack, i would say get max 10-12 after skill bonuses, after that the spread gets far too wide. freezing arrow was the strongest, with a few points in ms for ci's.
A bunch of nonesense. Only a multizon built around faith fortitude or an Ice runeword cold build could come close to a well built straffer in overall kill speed. You definately did not try it with windforce. Multi better than strafe... lol. Not without faith.

For the record, I have about 15 amazons in the current ladder and 8 or so in the previous as well as 3 hardcore ladder. I have tried them all and am not talking out of my A**.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Magezon
Max Freezing Arrow
Max Cold Arrow
Max Fire Arrow
Max Exploding Arrow
1pt all passives, remaining into Valk.

I dunno about it being the best, but having three damage types means no monster in Hell is immune to you, which is something I very much like to have in my builds.

BildBenny

Diabloii.Net Member
Am I one of the few left that still favours a Twitchroe? Or a Jeweler's (Body Armor) of the Whale with Fervor-Jewels in it?

Fortitude is overrated, if you ask me...

chaca

Diabloii.Net Member
BildBenny said:
Am I one of the few left that still favours a Twitchroe? Or a Jeweler's (Body Armor) of the Whale with Fervor-Jewels in it?

Nope, I still use Twitchs to start almost all of my zons (not that I play many of my chars before 70 anymore, 2 comps has corrupted me). I don't think Fort is overrated. Always did quite nicely on my faith strafers

citybird

Diabloii.Net Member
Man I gota get me one of those Jewlers and 4x 15/40's.

Talk about being rich. There arn't enough hours in the day for me to play enought to get that kind of equipment. If it did somehow drop out of a monster then I'd sure be using it.

The ultimate Dclone killer: 8% WF-15/40'd, Jewlers Archon Plate of the Whale 4x 15 Res all/15%IAS jewls, Gore Riders, Crafted Blood gloves with +2 passive magic skills Dex 20%IAS res, Cats eye, Ravenfrost/Bulkathos, Upped Razortail, Sharp/dex GC, Prismatic/dex GC's, prismatic/dex SC's

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
BildBenny said:

No you aren't the only one

twitchthroe

the armor as good at level 90+ as it is at level 16

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
BildBenny said:

I prefer my new treachery dusk shroud. More IAS than twitch, venom, and CtC fade. All of these at a cost of lem.