Can Skellymancer SOLO HELL Pits/Baal in an 8 Players Game? <

wc3promet

Banned
Can Skellymancer SOLO HELL Pits/Baal in an 8 Players Game?

Can Skellymancer SOLO HELL Pits/Baal in an 8 Players Game?

1) Can Skellymancer SOLO HELL Pits in an 8 Players Game?
[as in ALONE, no help, no allies.]
a) If yes, what skills + gear?

2) Can Skellymancer SOLO HELL BAAL in an 8 Players Game?
[as in ALONE, no help, no allies.]
a) If yes, what skills + gear?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Try looking through Nightfish's guide. That seems to work for almost all people.

KaesarSosei

Diabloii.Net Member
My level 82 Summoner can Solo anywhere in Hell in 8 player games. My gear is very good but not Godly:

+3 Summon Circlet
+2 Necro Ammy
Arm of Leoric
Homunculous w/ PDiamond and Max Block
Marrowalk +2
Trang Armour, Gloves and Belt (Gives lots of mana and level 18 Firewall which IS useful at times)
SoJ
Some other rare ring with MF and double resists.

No charms either. This gives around +12 Summon, +8-9 other skills and +16 Skell Mastery IIRC.

RS 20
SMast 20
SMage 20
All other Summons 1 pt except FG (none)
All curses 1 pt
1 Pt Bone armour, Teeth
Rest Corspe Explosion

IMO the best PvM char out there...and certainly the most interesting to play.

groaninronin

Diabloii.Net Member
hope it helps

Yes can be done, there is a sticky that gives pointers, but there are many
different variations on the skellymancer theme( I myself think the sticky is
more important for those who initially are not getting much skill lvl boost
from items ).

My stuff

Full trangs
war travs
2 x soj, or 2 x nagel
cairn shard wand, ali baba on switch( have 2 cantor trophys so np here )
eye of etlich ammy( will get better when i can be bothered )

My Mercs stuff( might merc, in my opinion the best for skellymancers )

Viperfork
Skulders
Blackhorns face

My skills are

max skelly mastery
max skelly
max skelly mage
5 revive
2 summon res
5 golem mastery
15-18 in clay golem( 1 in other golems )
1 in all curses except confuse and the other like it( mainly cos i dont need them )

Here ends my long missive, hope u find it useful( A note this was my first nec, but it has worked bloody well for me )

KaesarSosei

Diabloii.Net Member
KaesarSosei said:
My level 82 Summoner can Solo anywhere in Hell in 8 player games. My gear is very good but not Godly:

+3 Summon Circlet
+2 Necro Ammy
Arm of Leoric
Homunculous w/ PDiamond and Max Block
Marrowalk +2
Trang Armour, Gloves and Belt (Gives lots of mana and level 18 Firewall which IS useful at times)
SoJ
Some other rare ring with MF and double resists.

No charms either. This gives around +12 Summon, +8-9 other skills and +16 Skell Mastery IIRC.

RS 20
SMast 20
SMage 20
All other Summons 1 pt except FG (none)
All curses 1 pt
1 Pt Bone armour, Teeth
Rest Corspe Explosion

IMO the best PvM char out there...and certainly the most interesting to play.
PS

I forgot, I have a Level 82 Might Merc using Duriels Shell and Kelpie Snare. He doesn't do much dmg himself due to the weapons low damage but he stays alive all the time due to the slow thus giving my skellies permanent Might aura, and anything he or my Clay Golem attacks is rendered COMPLETELY useless. Can't remember his helm funny enough...

GenXCub

Diabloii.Net Member
The problem with Solo in an 8 player game is, Corpse Explosion becomes worthless. It will just take a long time.

I'd recommend Guillaume's face and Hone Sundan on the merc to give 80% Crushing Blow, which will help a lot with monsters that have high HP.

Vizier

Diabloii.Net Member
mc_garb said:
what if your poor? can you do it untwinked because i want to use my mf summoner necro

Your kidding right? immortality?
I have one on ladder untwinked.. I tpyically don't play in 8-player games because it is slow. I find a decent drop/player/speed ratio to be about 3-5 players for mine.

wand: GolemLord's (shopped from a vendor) +3 summoning
shield: rare head with +2 necro that I found,
helm: peasant crown
armor/rings/ammy/boots - all MF and no skills.

I've been mfing with this build for some time now, and there's no place that I'm reluctrant to go unless there's slingers and black souls roaming about.

I haven't tried my Kelpie snare on my merc: I've always have an aversion for the Honor runeword in thresher (for speed/leech/DS) I will vouch for a clay golem slowing things down a bit. For some reason, everything seems to attack him instead of my skels when I cast it on top of monsters. That's EXACTLY what I would like them to do. It's not bad for a mana-cheap one-point wonder (just a point in golem mastery as well) boosted with any summoning skills items.

Vizier

Diabloii.Net Member
KaesarSosei said:
PS

I forgot, I have a Level 82 Might Merc using Duriels Shell and Kelpie Snare. He doesn't do much dmg himself due to the weapons low damage ....
Really, the merc rarely takes too many hits to begin with with all those minions swarming around.

Someone suggested upgrading the Kelpie if the damage is not good enough.