Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can runes cubed from duped runes disappear?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by red herring, Jun 14, 2005.

1. red herring

red herring IncGamers Member

Can runes cubed from duped runes disappear?

I see all the spam, etc for the sites offering items for money. I really don't mind paying for a few runes, but its hard to believe that I wouldn't be getting dupes. however, if I got those runes and cubed them up, would those new runes I created be subjected to the same anti-duping sweeps, or would they be legit then?

2. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I believe they still can poof and I know duped runes can poof even after makeing a runeword (ie. my enigma this season).

3. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

As these items were originated in dupes, they can NEVER be legit. Perhaps they will last, but most probably the will eventually go poof. Nobody can say for sure...

And if you want to hear my opinion: I would NEVER EVER give money to these botting&duping scumbags and thereby encourage them to do more botting and duping. I just HATE them for ruining a really great game. Everytime I try to enter a chat there are at least 10 of them spamming me. If I'm playing in a public game, at least one or two bots will enter and spam me, too. If I try to mule some items, I will get an RD that was introduced to (but never managed to) prevent their botting. If I want to join a game I have to wait 5 minutes till I manage to find one that is not lead by one of their bots. I really, REALLY hate them. :rant:

[Rant over]

*stkrause

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

If there is any method of perming that works I suspect cubing up is it. Every cubed rune would have to maintain a history of ID tags in order for rust storms to correctly ID it as illegit and that's going to get messy with runes that have been upped several times. All these other methods sound like BS to me.

What I want to know is: If a rune does poof on a runeword item, will replacing it restore the item or will the runes then be out of order?

5. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

with my enigma this season the jah and ber both disappeared but it remained enigma. i didnt get a chance to put anything new in or replace the runes because the very next day the armor was gone aswell.

6. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

about duping,
    how long can dupes last?
    my friend says his jah lasted 2 weeks
    but i've heard it only lasts until you leave the game

7. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

sometimes it can last for really long and go poof when you least expect

8. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

darnit

lets hope my spirit doesn't poof
    i only joined ladder to get the runewords :)
    so it better not poof :mad:

and also my friend said to perm items you just put on trade screen, and exit trade as fast as you can and leave game as fast as you can

sounds weird but it might work i donno y but o well

9. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Who would dupe Spirit? :scratch: I mean, come on, dupe a thul rune?? And 4os Monarchs are not that hard to come by.

*stkrause

10. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Of course, runes cubed from duped ones are not legit. But the only way the game can detect dupes is to compare the unique ID's of the items. Cubing creates a completely new rune with new fingerprint ID. Yes, you can cube 200 Zods, if you only have one Cham (you make dupes and cube'em), but the game can't detect theese Zods are not legit, because they've got different fingrprints. Sad, but true, the game code will consider theese items legit and not destroy them as dupes, no matter how many hacks/cheats/bug exploits were used to make it.

11. Big Mog

Big Mog IncGamers Member

i was browsing through one of the item selling sites at school in a free period, checking out the stuff with a friend. I read the FAQ, and it said that any item without a certain symbol below it is a dupe, and all runes were dupes, meaning they could poof at any time (they also said they would take no responsibility for poofing items). not supporting em, but if they really cared about their customers the way they claim to, they would dupe the runes one level below jah/ber etc, meaning when upped they would never poof. still, no harm in drooling at a 402 ed BotD zerker....