Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can Poison Immune be broken for hell monsters

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Gotcha, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Can Poison Immune be broken for hell monsters

Can poisin immunity be broken on hell monsters. Is there a table somewhere showing what the actual resists are for each monster?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Yes and No. The Lower Resist curse is the only thing you can use to attempt to break a poison immune creature, so you won't be able to break many high ones. At level 40, Lower Resist has -67% all resist (including poison), so at 1/5 effectiveness against immune creatures it'll be able to break any creature with a poison resistance of 112% or less.

Most of the poison immune monsters have 100% poison resistance, 105% poison resistance and 110% poison resistance, so you should be right. There are, however, some with 115% poison resistance, 120% poison resistance and one with 125% poison resistance. There's still more higher than that (such as the megademon from uber trist / furnance of pain with 145% poison resist).

The data from d2data.net should be accurate with regards to resistances, since those are not affected by monster level (which is why d2data.net is not accurate for things like monster HP, damage, etc).

3. Niortimus Dryskol

Niortimus Dryskol IncGamers Member

4. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

I have not looked at sites yet but here was my thinking.

dweb gets -55%
    4 socket monarch gets -20%
    2 socket helm hets -10%
    So That is -85% in gear before lower resists.
    with 60% LR I would get -145% so that was my thinking, my old novamancer did not stack facets for pvm leveling, my new one is going that route so what do you think. The -% in gear adds to the LR doesn't it?

Oh, I cannot get that link to come up but I will keep trying.

5. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Those wouldn't help at all in breaking immunities. The only things that can break an immunity are Conviction and Lower Resist. After it is broken, though, any other source of -res works at full strength.

6. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Correction: as Orphan already said above, the only thing that can break poison immunity is Lower Resist. Conviction can only break fire/lightning/cold immunity, but not poison.
    Arreat Summit seems not working all the time this week, so you'd better use d2data.net as an alternative.

7. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

I was referring to immunity in general. Though I probably should've mentioned amp and decrep as well in that case.

8. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Ok, I understand :hanky: :cry: I did not know the in gear did not work. So much for that idea (LOL). Guess CE will be needed. Thanks all.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Don't use a 4socket monarch, use trangs shield with 2 other pieces (gloves and belt, usually) for a bonus of -25% enemy poison resist (which with a facet is 5%dmg and -30% resist). In most cases, that will be more effectice than a 20/-20 shield, not to mention the +2psn/bone skills, resists, strength and blocking on the head... And the head is MUCH lighter than any 4socket shields.