Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can Plague/Poison Jav Kill in Hell?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by doughboy, Mar 23, 2004.

1. doughboy

doughboy IncGamers Member

Can Plague/Poison Jav Kill in Hell?

I need to know. I've just started making a javazon and won't continue unless some confirms that it's a viable build.

i've done some calculating and have found that i could do about 13k poison damage easily. but poison is one of those weird damage/second things.

can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

2. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

yes 13k but 13,000 over what ? 20 secounds? 13,000/20 = 650 dmg pr sec.
    most monsters in hell mode have 30-50% all res. meaning you´d be doing atleast half of that. If your can wait 20 sec, then yes it can kill.

but really you wanna be able to kill faster.

3. DaemonX

DaemonX IncGamers Member

******** - it kills!

Remember - poison lasts longer in Hell, extending your damage as well, and -% poison resist dmg +skill dmg items are common.

Stick on a bramble / trangs and maybe a few facets and you will be killing just FINE in Hell - and even hurt hard in pvp :D

But yes, you WILL need to be patient.

Not 20 seconds, but 10 can feel that long if you're in a hurry.

4. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Patience is key, of course. The problem with Poison Javazons is merely that players aren't willing to fire, move on, and let the poison finish the job.

5. BloodAndRoses

BloodAndRoses IncGamers Member

But if you move on, there's a possibility you might miss something that drops. Trang-oul's gloves can boost poison damage easily, but Bramble is pretty expensive, so that may not be a choice for everyone. In that case, it may take you longer to kill than, say, some other player with a perfect Bramble, three perfect poison Rainbow Facets in their helm, and four of the same in their shield.

6. Wayfarer

Wayfarer IncGamers Member

How about those poison immune/resistant monsters in hell? If you rely only on poison to kill for you, you're gonna be in trouble when a poison immune/resistant monster comes along.

7. DaemonX

DaemonX IncGamers Member

Easy answers:

A ) you can't move too far ahead anyway, or you get 0 exp for the kill - so patience!

B ) Jab is a 1 pt wonder with no prereqs that will let you deal with any immune threat, given any half decent set of stix.

C ) If you can't afford Bramble and facets, there is a cheaper option - it's called +skills! When you're maxed synergies, every +skill adds over 2000 damage!

+javelin skill charms are cheap as chips if you can find them, but even easier and cheaper is home-made gear like +3 javelin amulets and circlets, and crafted +2 gloves. I mean, actually get a gem and craft them yourself - in 5 or less shots you will get a pair, and maybe a few cool secondary mods like leech, ias or crushing blow, stats or mana, depending on the formula and luck of the draw. Even an old SoJ is worth considering - with a larger mana pool you may not need leech at all, and again, +skill.