Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can "of the ages" appear on Eth items?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Pherdnut, May 5, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Can "of the ages" appear on Eth items?

Not that I would ever hope for an ethereal 450%+ ED, 40% IAS, 3 Socket, indestructible, Berserker Axe, but hey, you never know.

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Of Ages removes the ethereal flag from an items IIRC. So no, it can't happen. Just hope for self-repair.

3. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

actually i think "of the ages" is possible on ethereal items. i think "etherealness" is determined before affixes are chosen. unfortunately, "of the ages" is not possible on weapons. you could probably get this on certain armors though.

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

"of ages" is able to spawn on weapons.

Actually 1/314 ilvl 50 weapons will drop "of ages".

I think the of ages and ethereal can not be together, the "of ages" would negate the ethereal properties.

However, ethereal items can be made into indestructable items in several ways. For instance, upgrading an ethereal rare crystal sword into a phase blade.

PS by the way "of ages" is a magical item only suffix.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Does that rare upgrade to phase blade work? I thought it was impossible for any PBs to be ethereal. I'm think I'm going to take RTB's word on "of ages" removing the flag.

6. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

yes it does work.

7. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

you don't really need "of the ages", rare ethereal weapons can spawn w/ "of restoration" or the other one i forget. it repairs durability in a certain amount of seconds which is a very much sought after mod on nice rare eth weapons.

8. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

Ethereal is checked for at the very end of the creation of an item (thus after all affixes are selected). The test for ethereal is not doe if the item is indestructible in any way, nor if the item is a set item or a low quality item. So to answer your question, no. (and technically, it is ethereal can't appear on "of ages" items not the other way arround :) ).

9. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

it works when the indestructible mod comes after the ethereal mod. thats how zod or eth phase thingy works. same goes with item design.

offtopic: i notice two jarulfs on these forums and wonder which one is the lurker jarulf; jarulf or thejarulf?

10. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

Yes, but any such mod put on afterwards is not part of the initial item creation, it comes as part of a player action (like socketing and such).

As for the "Jarulfs", both are the same. :) When they split the servers one had to login again and I had forgot the password. Since it seems I registered with a mail account I no longer use or have access to (I tried all I had) I can't change or retrieve the password either. That is why I had to create this alternative (actually I created it earlier at another time when I also forgot the password, but that time I managed to recall the password later).

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

By the way, on rares, you never get 3 sockets. Magicals can have 4, but they again wouldn't have any %damage...

I think the one that is linked to in the "rares and crafts picture thread" is very close to the best possible rare 1hand weapon.