Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can my necro still make it?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by killabear, Feb 18, 2004.

1. killabear

killabear IncGamers Member

Can my necro still make it?

Hello...
    This is my first post after 'lurking' for a v.v.long time in this forum ;P and I've just re-re-started playing SP after being "disillusioned" many many times on B'Net, and discovering the wonderful ATMA....so, sorry in advance if i do or say anything wrong...

Well, about my lvl 27 necro. I started as a summoner and maxxed RS with 1 in SM, Clay G, and several curses. Now, after reading bout the venomancer, i was wondering if it's too late to start placing points into PN and it's syns? Thanks.

2. Pucho

Pucho Banned

welcome to the forums!
    hope you enjoy here

as for your question, of course
    Im playing a daggermancer/venomancer myself (mostly daggermancer) and invested in bone prision, but I bet it would be a better idea if those points were in RS instead, yu will have a nice "wall" and a better way to deal with the nasty undead & poison inmunes

3. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

1. I don't think it's too late
    2. You have the perfect start to a skellimancer/fishymancer there - why do you want to change?

4. killabear

Well... I did intend to do a fishy, but didn't really like using CE, revives and I always did like PSN, my next few builts will prop be a Posion Zon or a Rabies WW.

5. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Well making a Poisonmancer takes only 60 points if I'm not mistaken, so that's 27+60 = 87 you'll be done with your skills. You can still make it.

6. Starving_Poet

Starving_Poet IncGamers Member

You could still do it... but I wouldn't recommend it. Venomancers really rely on having bone armor with high level synergies to keep themselves alive. Bone prison and wall are much more effective because with a few points they have high 2k+ HP and are crucial for keeping enemies away from your meatsack. Unless you are rich and can afford Bramble armor and blackbogs + 3 Trang Oul's your poison nova won't kill fast enough to keep the fast-hardhitters off you and the AI curses we love don't work for act bosses. You'd need to get your SM up pretty high to make your skellies really viable in Hell and you still would need to sink at least 5-10 points into Lower Resist depending on your gear. I have a level 84... almost 85 :) Venomancer on the spfhcl and I could NOT do it at all without my bonearmor, bone walls, and bone prisons.

Just my .02

7. burke615

burke615 IncGamers Member

Yeah, but you are Hardcore, 'Poet! If killabear doesn't mind dieing occassionally then he might not be too bad off, n'est-ce pas? ;)

If it were me, though (seeing that the character is still "relatively low level") I would go full Fishy with this guy and collect some gear for the next guy or guys.

Cheers!
    Burke

8. killabear

Hmm, good points. I should've stuck with a fishymancer since it's my 1st necro. Anyways I guess it's only natural to make mistakes. I've placed already placed 1 point each in PD and PE. Well... life (in D2) goes on.....

9. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

If you look at flying_dug0ng's poisonmancer build (he posted stats in the "100 pitties" thread) you'll see that he has max RS and a few points in SM. If you really want to turn him into a poison dude, just think of it as having reversed the build a little and made your meatshield first :lol:

10. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Just a thought.

If you already have a point in Poison dagger and poison explosion then you could put a point in poison nova. Not sure but if your skellies are having problems and your merc is not attacking the right target, using even lvl1 poison nova you can negate regeneration from all the not-poison-immune monsters.

Meaning, in hell your skellies do damage slowly without lot of +skills and the monsters regenerate REALLY fast so you could negate regeneration with lvl 1 poison nova.

11. killabear

Thanks for the inputs guys, will stick to my current built (whatever it turns out to be) and post an update if you guys are interested. With luck i maybe able to also post those "100 pit runs" threads.