Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can Meph drop this?! Yeah!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by cOMMANDo, Jan 30, 2004.

1. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

Can Meph drop this?! Yeah!

i'm doing meph/andy runs last night, i'm on about my 40th run of the evening, not feeling to bad, since hes dropped me a nice verdungos and an eth redemer somewhere in the last few runs.
    I tp over to him, on what was supposed to be my "last run" two runs ago (u know how it is, one more rune, one more run, etc...) draw him to the moat and start blizzarding him from a safe distance like always... a few second later he dies, there are uniques everywhere! well... a unique war axe, unique xbow, a unique barlog blade, and a unique BARLOG SKIN!!!!
    1st reaction is What the!? bleep bleep bleep. I thougth meph couldn't drop valor?! i didnt' take a screan shot, cause i've heard the horror stories of lock down, so i tele over as fast as possible and snached that b*stard up. so much excitement! then complete let down, i HAVE to id it, and what does it say?! +1 skillz, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, d*mn u blizzard for taking the fun out of finding a valor!!!
    anyway, i tell one of my budies, he's like, "meph can't drop valor", and I say I know, but he just did!, then he procedes to tell me impossible, bla bla bla, i showed him, duno wtf is goin on these dayz...

finding a plus 1 valor is like going home with this hot chick and taking off her bra and she only has one boob... still something to play with, just not quite as good as it should be... if ya know what i mean, sry ladies, for the refference, just wanting to let u know how bad that sux

2. Onefuryz

Onefuryz IncGamers Member

hehe always bad to see +1 all

But, yeah, meph has always been able to drop balrogs skins even in 1.09 he could so its nothing new.

3. psychotron

psychotron IncGamers Member

i kinda know how you feel i had a similar experience with meph and valors (turned out the same somehow though) i was doing meph runs and i saw him drop a unique balrog skin. i thought YES!!!! then i id'd it. this was in .09 when they had a 50-50 chance for each skill to get 1 or 2. it was 1 to all....exept druid which was +2

on a side note i gave the valor ( i didn't play druids never really got into them they're probably great to play and all) to one of my friends who just so happened to have a druid in need of a valor. then the patch came....he showed me the valor about a week ago and somehow it changed to a +1 to all skills valor :(

4. cOMMANDo

it turned to plus 1?! ouch!
    i'm gonna have to check the 09 one i gave to my bro, it was a +2 pally, all the others were 1, cept assn
    have to ask him to check for me, interesting

i've been playing for years, and everyone has always told me meph cant drop one, but i'm glad he can, even if they are the friggen + 1s...

5. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

*sits here reading this....turns diablo back on and starts mephy runs....again!*

I hate the...dang 1 more time stuff...happens to me every night I mf....like last night, it was rounding 2am, I said ok, next unique I find I off to bed, even if it sucks...well it sucked, and then I thought..."well maybe the next unique I want to keep".......shorty after I yanked the power cord!

6. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

similar experiance in pit runs as far as the dissappointing stats thing is concerned. actually 2 of them.

First was an alma negra...CRAP! only +1 pally

second was an ormus' robes...+3 enchant...grrr...at least it wasnt teleknesis...but still ARGHHHHH!

7. StarMage

StarMage IncGamers Member

Hehe I remember back in 1.09 when Meph dropped that balrog skin. It wasn't that good either +2 skills for assassin, sorc, and druid, and +1 for the rest.

8. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Enchant isn't the worst. I've found an +1 ethereal alma negra and the famed telekenisis ormus robes. And looking at your robes.... enchantress anyone?

9. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I actually have never found a Unique Balrog Skin from meph - though Sazabi's I found enough of.

10. cOMMANDo

i actually saw somebody looking for an enchant ormus in the trade forum... us east ladder, if ur on us east ladder...

and i found an alma CRAPY pally shield on meph too, it was plus 2, but that shield is just lame, coulda shoulda been so much better

11. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

I actually trade my +3enchant for 2 io's and 1 shael it has +15% lightning dmg that's why the guy wanted it

12. Kralgar

Kralgar Banned

Its amazing how many ppl didnt know meph can drop Valor. Try going into a Diablo public chat room and just say "Hey all Did you know meph could drop Valor?" you'll get lotta replies saying "haha newb meph cant drop valor" So i say "Yes he can go check out diabloii.net Section on treasure class, its not what lvl req the item has its what CLASS its in, He can drop Gladiator bane which has the same lvl req" they'll just call you newb when in fact they dont know what the heck they are talkin bout

Why is this such a big deal to me lol

13. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

lol i know how that is man. ahh just one more run ok... just one more! ahhh.. but i've had that too... where like a crap load of uniques drop.. one time i had 4 uniques and 1 set. one was a shako. i did a lil dance. but anyways i dont see why a valor couldnt drop.. bane has dropped a few times for me and both armors are lvl 85. *shrug*

14. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy IncGamers Member

There is nothing wrong with one boobed women. If any one boobed women out there need some luvin, I'll be there for you!!!

15. ender364

ender364 IncGamers Member

its true, my roommate just found one two days ago.

16. Orodreth

Orodreth IncGamers Member

A one boobed woman??? How much MF did he have??? :)

17. rickyson1

rickyson1 IncGamers Member

haha lol..

18. forgone

forgone IncGamers Member

Wow 40 runs, it took me like 2 min and i got a WF and a +2 Valor for my vex. Then i got a near pefect Tals amor for the WF, trading is alot easyer to get good things.

19. newb-newb-newb2

newb-newb-newb2 IncGamers Member

After reading this, I did yet another Mephisto run, and what do I see on the ground? Two Super Healing Potions, and two stashes of gold! argh..
    edit: Suddenly remembered that my luck isn't too bad, I've just gotten a not-so-good Verdungo's Hearhty Coil (my first) and a perfect Harlequin Crest (my first) and my Blood Raven's Charge (first too).

20. cOMMANDo

LOL!!!!! omg thats funny