Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can lilith get poisoned?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Jednowlosy, May 9, 2008.

1. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

Can lilith get poisoned?

I try many different things using PlugY, and I noticed I can't poison uber Lilith with poison nova, even though she has lower resist cast on her (-60% Pres, which should break her 110% immunity). She just doesn't turn green or lose life! Uber meph, having the same 110% resis, on the other hand, does turn green and in the end gets killed by poison. Is this just a PlugY feature? I never tried poison chars on bnet and I don't know.

2. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Re: Can lilith get poisoned?

I just checked arreat summit and it says she is immune to poison. So I think she can't be poisoned :)

I also read that Uber mephisto should have unbreakable posion and lightning resistances. MMM odd :)

3. Jednowlosy

why unbreakable, arreat says 110, that's not very much.

Dunno about Lilith, well, I have to find a way to test it on bnet, too bad I have no poisoning character..

4. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Unbreakable, because they get stated as immune for said elements. That should mean it can't be broken or am I wrong?

5. Jednowlosy

Unless there is some hard coded part that makes them specifically immune,their immunity should be possible to break. It's only 110, meaning you need -50% from lower resists or conviction to break it. Lower resis easily reaches 60%.

Ofc conviction won't work on meph unless it's level 21 or higher, and it won't help with poison damage, so it doesn't matter.

The problem is that in PlugY, Lilith simply does not get poisoned, even with her immunity broken. Dunno if it works that way on bnet too.

6. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Are you sure Lilith has only 110% poison resistance? BTW, you need -55% lower resist to break a 110% immunity - the monster's health must be lowered below 100, not to 100.

7. Jednowlosy

That's what arreat summit states. :)

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-lilith.shtml

McWhooper: you can see that other monsters with 100+ resists are called "immune" on arreat summit, too. Yet I had no problems killing them with LR+Pnova combo.

Right, it has to be 55%. Still it doesn't matter, since my lower resist curse has -65% or so.

8. ProfessionalBerg

Hmm, that's weird. Perhaps there is some kind of a PLR (poison length reduction) for all monsters, and for Andy it is set to 100%? Kinda like Frenzytaurs and Dolls cannot be frozen or slowed.

9. Jednowlosy

Maybe. Well, I won't make a 20HRs worth of build just to test that :D Thought someone already knows. Aww.

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Only the ancients can get that. This can be explained by her having Poison Enchanted, like Achmel has. It gives +75% poison res, extra poison dmg on melee hit, a poison 'aura', and a poison nova on death.

11. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Hey RTB, this is a little off topic, but can you offer any specifics on the poison aura from Achmel?

12. Jednowlosy

I don't recall any poison novas when uber Lilith dies so I don't think it's the 'poison enchanted' modifier. So, either arreat summit's info is incorrect, or PlugY has incorrect Poison resistance given to uber Lilith. In such case Poisonmancer can actually own all ubers, although it is time consuming ;)

13. PowerSixSixSix

PowerSixSixSix IncGamers Member

I thought that the ubers on Battle.net still continued to regenerate life even while poisoned. The rate of regeneration makes any poison damage effectively useless on them from my understanding. The only way I've read that'll stop the ubers' life regeneration is via open wounds.

Uber Mephisto can have his lightning immunity broken. The conviction aura from infinity won't do it as Uber Mephisto has a level 20 conviction aura of his own. A level 21 or higher convinction aura from a paladin will actually remove the immunity.

14. ProfessionalBerg

No, Poison damage does indeed stop any monster regeneration - that is, if the monster can be poisoned. Just like OW, Poison damage provides rapid health degeneration, only it can be resisted or immunified (?).

15. Jednowlosy

I'm in the middle of making a good poisonmancer so we'll soon know ;)

16. Insane Wayne

Insane Wayne IncGamers Member

Achmel doesn't emit a death nova either, but he definitely has enhanced poison properties. Can his poison immunity be broken?