Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can I uber Tristram yet?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GuidoLetsGoPens, Jul 14, 2010.

1. GuidoLetsGoPens

GuidoLetsGoPens IncGamers Member

Can I uber Tristram yet?

I've done uber andy, izzy & duriel for the organs, but I'm anxious about trying Uber Trist!

Here is my setup:

I've followed the Zealot/1 pt smite guide, so I have Fanatacism, Zeal, H Shield and synergies maxed. 1 point in smite.

My Gear is:

Andy's helm
    Templar's Might armor
    Heaven's Light (3 Skill, 2 OS)
    Mara's amulet
    Carrion Wind (also have 5% life steal BK)
    Ravenfrost
    Upped & Um'd HoZ
    Dungo's belt
    Drac's gloves
    Gore Rider boots

I have all the little stuff, but my main concern is my weaknesses at armor, helmet and weapon, or so I think?

Like I said, I've never uber Trist'd, so any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Re: Can I uber Tristram yet?

I will drop Andy Helm for Guil face.
    Templar Might might lack resist, so you can use a Smoke rw armor.

3. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

I agree, guilliams is about all you need, the rest is fine. Smiters are one of the easier builds to set up for ubers, do you have some leeway. Don't worry about the heaven's...its a great weapon, very underrated in the world of elite RW's. Crush blow, + skills, sockets, _target defense...the only thing it lacks in overall stats is high end damage and +damage to smite.

but thats not a huge issue, you'll have a ton of CB with that setup, and the ubers should go down relatively well. Keep in mind that only about 10% of the damage you do to ubers will be from weapon, the rest is Cb reduction. More damage would simply take that last sliver of life down a bit quicker.

the only other thing I'd look for is either a wand with Lifetap charges on it, or a set of marrowalks for the same (wand is easier).. It helps to get the Lifetap started faster for that initial timeframe before the dracs kick in. the wand option is better since you want to keep the gore's for the Cb and OW.

The best thing you can do is read up as much as possible on HOW to do the ubers. things like circling the area to find a safe place to pull the ubers one at a time, positioning yourself to avoid minions as much as possible, etc.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  4. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

For a first time, be prepared to die (assuming this is SC) as you fine tune yourself, although you may not die at all.

CB, resists, lifetap, and a melee attack are the basic reqs of efficient uberland, so keep that in mind.

Depending on your base resists (hopefully at least capped) and your conviction aura, you may not need to stack res - if you can get a 21+ conviction, you'll overpower meph's and have no resist problems there - if not then you'll need to stack resists (salvation otherwise).

Not fond of the Andy helm, recommend guillaume's or kiras depending on needs.

5. GuidoLetsGoPens

As everyone has suggested, I do have a Guillaume's stashed, so I will wear it on game day. Great suggestion! What would be the best Uber Trist guide to follow?

I do have some wiggle room, I have a Vex, Gul, Ber, and a few Ists, Puls, & Ums at my disposal. Would it be worth it to make a high-end runeword with these?

Death or Grief becomes the debate, I guess?

Would it be worth it to make a CoH?

Those few runes is the only excess wealth I have, so if I spend, I'd hope not to waste.

6. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Why get em when you don't need em? I wouldn't go out of my way to get a coh or a grief or anything. Just make sure you have enough resistance to survive mephisto. Smoke gives [email protected] Throw an Um in the Guillaume. Get a Treachery to pre-buff and you'll be allright. Perhaps [email protected]'s would help. Have the 1+ in the @ aura, just in case, and 2x shaels in the stash before doing it and I am pretty sure you'll make it. Just be sure to have resistance on the + side in the fight against mephisto, preferably in the 50/50/50/50 zone.

Also, get a lifetap wand on the switch. It's a good back up.

7. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

The biggest advantage of CoH is resists, so may not be necessary if yoru running salvation. the biggest difference between grief and death is greif = smite damage, death = crushing blow, so id choose based on your setup. I run grief on my pally since he already have high CB from other items. but if your lower then 50% Cb Death may be a good option.

either one is nowhere near a waste, it's hard to find better weapon for end game use.Other then that, death has some interesting CtC options, life steal, and indestructible (hence great in etheral items) , and some nice AR bonuses. Grief has sick damage, sick smite damage, deadly strike, ignores mob defense, poison damage, but doesn't have the indestructible mod, so you'd need a PB to avoid high repair costs. and no CB, so you need it from other items.

Edit: in spite of the above comments, I agree with raw...unless your suffering no need for the grief/death. Heaven's will do the job just fine. the +skills can really help with auras as well when you dealing with resists, conviction, etc.

8. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

You will need to at least get armor with resist. Here are a few good choices: smoke, lionhart, and coh.

I would go g face for the helm b/c its a cheaper option.

9. GuidoLetsGoPens

This has been very helpful, thanks! And here I was thinking I was still far off gear-wise from being able to Uber Trist.

Can someone tell me where to find a good walkthrough on HOW to Uber Trist? I found a couple youtube vids, but they weren't very detailed.

10. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Since you've done organs, you've already got a taste. As a smiter, you don't need to be as strategic as other builds because you don't miss.

I remember the first time I watched my friend's smiter take on all 3 at the same time and not even break a sweat. Granted, that was his pure smiter - but still, it was effortless.

As long as you remember to have stacked res (and have enough of it) or override meph's conviction aura with your own (level 21+), it should be a cakewalk. Just beware baal and his mana burning buddies and have pots handy in case your lifetap doesn't kick in fast enough.

Just be careful of getting minions stuck between you and your target (boss) and you should be fine.

11. GIJoeWWW

GIJoeWWW IncGamers Member

Definitely take a few mana pots with you. PI and mana burn are the worst combination in the game.

12. GuidoLetsGoPens

Physical immunes? Yea, have to ignore those I guess. Yea, I don't have any mana leach, so I'll pack a few pots.