Can I play Diablo 2 online with someone that doesnt have the expansion installed?

DeckardCain

Diabloii.Net Member
Can I play Diablo 2 online with someone that doesnt have the expansion installed?

My friend doesn't have Lord of Destruction, and I was wondering if we were still able to play online if she doesn't have the expansion, and I do

nicro tower

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Re: Can I play Diablo 2 online with someone that doesnt have the expansion installed?

You can play classic together on B.Net, you just won't be able to access any of the expansion stuff (including resolution IIRC) with a classic char.

DeckardCain

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Can I play Diablo 2 online with someone that doesnt have the expansion installed?

You can play classic together on B.Net, you just won't be able to access any of the expansion stuff (including resolution IIRC) with a classic char.
So I can just start a game normally on b.net or do i need to do something extra?

Gorny

Banned

You'll need to create a Classic character first then either create a game with that character or enter a game created by your friend.

boogyman19946

Diabloii.Net Member

yup, you have the choice right at the creation of the character. Just uncheck the "expansion" box and you'll be able to play together. Of course, you can't use any of the expansion features with that character >.>

Gorny

Banned

.... and if at some point you decide to convert that classic character to an expansion character, it's a one way process and you can't go back.

nurman

Diabloii.Net Member

My friend doesn't have Lord of Destruction, and I was wondering if we were still able to play online if she doesn't have the expansion, and I do
:whistling::scratchchin:

droid

Diabloii.Net Member

:whistling::scratchchin:
LOL exactly...why dont you just spend the 10 bucks to get her LoD? Maybe she'll let you socket her armor if you know what i mean :)

boogyman19946

Diabloii.Net Member

LOL exactly...why dont you just spend the 10 bucks to get her LoD? Maybe she'll let you socket her armor if you know what i mean :)
XD Just don't gift your Arachnid Mesh.