Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can I kill ubers?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Peeex, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Peeex

Peeex IncGamers Member

Can I kill ubers?

Ok, I'm not the richest person and I don't want to waste an organ set so I'm wondering, will I be able to kill ubers with the following items/stats/skills? I'm nonladder btw.

Stats:

Str: enough for armour
    Dex: 125 w/ items
    Vit: The rest
    Energy: Base

Skills:

20 Smite
    20 Holy shield
    20 Fanat
    prerequsites (rest not important IMO)

Items:

Helm: Guilliam's face
    Armour: CoH
    Weapon 1: Heaven's light +2, 2shaels
    Shield 1: HoZ 'Um'
    Weapon 2: 4Bo CTA (lvl 5 life tap charge wand in inventory)
    Shield 2: Lidless Eye
    Gloves: Perfect dracs
    Belt: 14/34 Dungos
    Boots: Gore Rider's

Ammy: Highlords
    Ring 1: Raven frost
    Ring 2: Dwarf star

I have no charms or decent merc. Any suggestions on armour or tips on how to beat ubers? I'm lvl 80 right now. If theres any items on nonladder that you think I should get thats worth 4 or less sojs (willing to trade my 4BO CTA), then please feel free to tell me. Thanks alot!

2. Das Adin

Das Adin IncGamers Member

First time I tried to do ubers solo I tried with my summoner. I had a backup plan, but it involved my poorly equipped smiter and a friend (real life so I can kick him if he steals stuff) using my 2nd account. After 2 hours and clearing the game of CB revives we gave up after killing Diablo and Baal. What I'm getting at is you need a really good backup plan. You dont get anything back if you can't do it. What I suggest is you get someone reliable who you already know can kill ubers on the forums and have them show you their torch at the door since you can't pick up a second. If you discover you can't solo them, then you can send them in to help.

3. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

I think you should be able to, i usually use salvation when smiting meph, before switching over to fanat for the other 2.

4. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

The gear you mentioned sounds good enough to kill the ubers.My pally has just over max resist in hell,for the ubers I switch to kiras to top out the resists for mephis conviction.
    As soon as life tap triggers I smite the bosses and btw take them on separately ,its much easier that way.

I dont use cta and have around 1.5k life so with your cta you should have plenty of hp to handle tristram.

5. Peeex

Peeex IncGamers Member

Ok thats good news. I'm thinking, right now Fortitudes worth about 8sojs nonladder. Should I try to trade my CTA, CoH and an SoJ i have for one? Or is the difference between CoH and fort not that big?

6. MeGs

MeGs IncGamers Member

hmm maybe u can stun them 4 20 secs and be a good team.. btw I wouldn't wear that gear 4 hc ubers...

7. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I'd say you could do it solo, I've done it with cheaper/worse gear than that. Just make sure your resist is max AFTER Mephs conviction (use Salvation if necessary), carry Mana pots in your belt for Baal, and laugh at Diablo for being so easy. Only wake them up 1 at a time, ofc.

I think I used Guardian Angel, and Thundergod's belt, 90-95 resist reduced all the minion's attacks to a tickle. I did it WITHOUT cta (1400 life...), HoZ (used stormshield), and it was still fairly easy. Oh, and I used a Zealot (1 point smite... godly). Oh, and it was Ladder, where apparently the monsters are harder... apparently.

8. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Pre-buff with Treachery for an additional 60% resist all and 15% DR. It will last for 4 minutes or so, easily long enough to kill of Mephy. It's cheap too.

9. Peeex

Peeex IncGamers Member

Ok so from what I heard, I can beat the ubers solo, but I need practice... Treachary seems like a great idea. Is it a ladder only runeword?