Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

can i get some respec

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by dilligaf_l0l, Aug 10, 2015.

1. dilligaf_l0l

dilligaf_l0l IncGamers Member

After a long layoff (5+ years) I have dusted off the old D2 game. I'm remembering and relearning most of it pretty easy, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do the respec !!! I know you can do it once for each difficulty level, but I can't remember how. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease some help for an old noob

2. Valhauros

Valhauros IncGamers Member

Each time you complete the Den of Evil (Act 1) quest, you get rewarded with a re-specialization option up to three times (once per difficulty). Additionally, you can also get an infinite amount of tokens by combining the 4 random-drop essences from each of the act bosses in the Horadric Cube. Andariel and Duriel drop the same token, if I recall correctly.

dilligaf_l0l likes this.
  3. dilligaf_l0l

Thank you very much kind sir. I have just tried this, but how do I "activate" the repec option. Sorry for the ridiculous questions.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

If you're going for the Den of Evil quest reward one, just go chat with Akara and it'll show up as an option.

dilligaf_l0l likes this.
  5. dilligaf_l0l

I have done this, but the option doesn't show up. I'm sure it's something stupid that I'm not doing right. Do you have to have completed the difficulty level to activate it?

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Hmmph. I don't know what the issue could be. Are you sure you're on the current patch, and that the character in questions hasn't used the re-spec option for that difficulty already?

dilligaf_l0l likes this.
  7. dilligaf_l0l

another possibly important piece of info, when I restarted D2 I reloaded it from the box onto a newer computer. I there perhaps a patch that I'm missing? Next obvious question would be, where do I get said patch lol. I'm such a techtard.

8. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

OK, if it's straight from the box, you're probably on patch 1.07. When you start up the game, it should say what version you're using. The easiest way to get the current patch would be to connect to Battle.net through the game itself - it will automatically patch itself.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    dilligaf_l0l likes this.
  9. dilligaf_l0l

ok I was on an old patch (what an idiot) still can't seem to get the respec though. maybe just need to give it time to catch up. I don't know. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Regardless, thanks for the help.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you did the Den of Evil quest before having applied the patch, you will not get the respec reward retroactively, except perhaps in hell mode, I'm not exactly sure about that. Otherwise you will have to collect essences from the act bosses in hell mode then. One may be dropped by Andariel or Duriel, the other three are dropped by the other act bosses, respectively.

dilligaf_l0l likes this.
  11. dilligaf_l0l

Yeah I kina figured. I was actually able to dig my old players and atma stash of the old comp, have patch updated and have been busy busting up the baddies. Thx for confirming for me