Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can I get an amen brothas and sistas

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Nemertes, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Nemertes

Nemertes IncGamers Member

Can I get an amen brothas and sistas

Just gave guardian angel and griz's helm to a pally who needed it, along with stormshield etc to others.
    Give me an amen on this if you do the same.
    Massive trading and ebay annoy the feces out of me.
    Comfort me with your stories of generosity.

2. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

amen! I do the same myself at times, I have given away titans, travs, burrito cannons, banes, b-stars, and skulders, most to random people, some to friends. I agree, tradin is a huge headache. Funny things is, I do these giveaways on occasion, and a few days ago, a person came in a public game I was in, and gave me some nice necro stuff (which I had nothing for) just outta the blue... I guess what goes around, comes around :xsmile3:

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Amen! Actually I'm glad when I can help some nice person out with stuff. And all the dusty items from my mules can finally be used. I've given Stormshields, Shakos, Gazes, Skullders and other useful items to people who've really been in need of them. I have one rule though: People who ask over and over again about "free stuff plz", "give me plz" and so on never get anything.

4. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Yeah i go with what oyu say about beggers.. they never get a thing.. i got a really cool story how you always get something back from giving.. last night my friend was looking for arreats and a grandfather, he never asked me for it just asked what they were worth. So i left the game, grabbed an arreats and gave him it and went on to MFing, Only 30 seconds later i kill eldritch and Herald drops :), and then i just felt like being generous AND getting rid of the 290's that cramp my legit style :p so i traded 3 of them for a GF and gave him the GF. About 2 min later he whispers me about how some guy juts randomly gave him an account and now he is rich beyond imagination, he throws me down tal armor, ss, gaze, and a wf :)

5. tao4now

tao4now IncGamers Member

I absolutely agree. The random kindness of strangers is an amazing thing sometimes, and the warm fuzzy you get from the player you've gifted who's actually grateful (they all aren't) is a nice bonus.

I've given Stormshield, Titan's Revenge, Bartuc's, and similar items away to total strangers many times. My philosophy is "Hey, I already have one or two of those. I'll bet someone else could benefit better than a mule."

When it comes to very rare or very good items, like The Grandfather or Windforce (or the uber-rare "Gheed's Anhilous Charm of Kill-You-In-The-Face"), I'll give the first couple of extra ones I find to my friends, then strangers get the rest.

I will also give the occasional item to a beggar, although I've learned that they often only want the item to trade with, not for usage. This probably shouldn't bother me (after all, I gave it to them, it's theirs now and they should do what they want with it), but for some reason I'd rather see the item in use than in a trade window.

6. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

lol nice, I give stuff away too, but then again I generally give low-end stuff that I don't need. Like sigons and some low lvl unqiues I find on my mf runs. I'm sure some low lvls could use them. :)

7. logic_bomb

logic_bomb IncGamers Member

I save all uniques and set items that drop in my mf runs. When my stash is full, I mule the 1 or 2 items I really want and go into a random normal game and give away the rest. Although it's starting to piss me off because the people seem to be getting greedier and less grateful. I gave away a couple of decent uniques and set pieces(some Tals stuff, vipermagi, things like that) and basically the only thing these people said was "anything else????" Times like that I want to just sell off everything I don't want(back to charsi or whoever).

8. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

i dont give out items like that, if someone is really looking for an item and is honest about it, i give them an item or something to help them on their way, because if you give someone a free its like a narcotic, they become addicted and will never work for themselves

9. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

^_^

Full elemental druid set up...

10 ele charms
    Enigma
    Ber Shako
    Storm Shield
    Wiz Spike
    Annihlus near perf
    Perf Maras
    Dual Ist Alibaba
    Lidless
    2x Soj
    Arachnid
    War Travs
    Frost Burn
    Few more stuff but cant remember

All to one kid that just started diablo ^_^ his elemental druid will roxxor. Its a mfer i taught him what to put in and what not. hes the most recent person to get lots of good stuff. I do it once a month o_O Right now i dont really need too much so i give away some excess useless items to my friends and people i meet.

10. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

amen to that.... i dont have a nice story but i gave a couple of mules worth of items everyday when people in the ladder really needed it. :xsmile3:

11. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Ya I remember this one barb who was trying is heart out to hang with mine...he never said anything, and I hardly ever talk to people in game, becasue most are use-to-be godly people or have god like items somewhere else and all my stuff is crap. But I had to ask, barb what yuo use.."junk"..mind if I look at it?.."sure"..30 min later, i outfitted his whole barb out, and he didnt do that crap.."oh, lets be friends!, or put me on the /f list" naw he said "thank you very much, this is the best stuff I have now.:)..thank you friend"..and we hung out for awhile talking, did a few cow runs..and parted our ways...he felt like a little brother there for awhile.:) .It was nice.

12. GIR

GIR Banned

I remember one time I joined a game with someone who was brand new to Diablo II. I gave him a low level shield I had lying around (Pelta Lunata or whatever it is. He had just started, and it only has a level 2 requirement. 39 Defense on a buckler ain't to shabby at that point in the game.) I was still only about level 25 or so, so I didn't have a lot. Gave him a couple of Full Rejuvs I had to spare for emergency use. I basically went with him up to I think Andariel showing him where to go, what to do, and different tricks, like when we killed the Countess I told him to hold down Alt to make picking up items a lot faster.

It was fun.

13. Nemertes

Heh, my heart swells. You guys rock.
    Except for Ebuski. He's the devil. ;)

14. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

gave 3 mule accs
    shafts
    ss
    shakos
    about all of them *10 or so
    play games with them
    hideing 10 .9 wfs in blood mor and let them do an easter hunt! :p

15. Ibex

Ibex IncGamers Member

Haha, funny. I also do that quite alot, but i put the item(s) at the entreance of Den of Evil. So fun watching them run :). Also feel alot better after i have given the items ;)

16. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

I don't know why I was a generous person on d2, but I was. I gave stuff away that I find on MF runs or trade for, but I never got anything in return. It's caused me to build up a great resentment towards people who seem to get everything handed to them. Especially people who use hacks or ebay to become rich. :mad:

17. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I pretty much will giveaway something to anyone who simply asks me as long as they are nice and used (or made an attempt to use) correct English spelling and grammar. In fact, any random person I meet who doesn't annoy me is worthy of a giveaway.

18. DrSeuss

DrSeuss IncGamers Member

Why can I never find you folks when I need a WF or a Barnar's Star or somesuch?

Ah well. I have had good mid-level stuff given to me in the past, and have given away random items to people, and I suppose it's all evened out in the long run.

No biggie.

19. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

Hehehe, i actually gave some stuff out last night and felt mighty good about myself. :D

only thing is i logged on today and one of the guys i gave items to had me on his friends list and was talking to another guy i didnt know.....so was quite annoying seeing this all happening while mf'ing

20. Nemertes

DrSeuss, whisper me some time and I'll throw you a bstar :p