Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

can i do ubers

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by mugana, Sep 8, 2006.

1. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

can i do ubers

Can my 1pt smiter do ubers? His gear. I am in the process of getting a key set

helm:guliam's face
    wep: 2x shael heaven light
    armor: smoke dusk shroud
    gloves: dracs
    shield: 104 res kurast shield
    belt: thundergod
    boots: sandstorm
    rings: res ring and ravenfrost

He is lvl 85 and does around 1k smite dmg. max res with lightning at 85.

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Maybe switch gore riders with sandtreks.

3. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Only one way to find out.........
    Make sure your buddy is on just in case......

4. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

if your on useast ladder i can back you up in game if needed.

safety net:
    treachery prebuff
    gores for the treks as niner said.. though you can do w/o just will take longer.
    i also prefer dungos/ik belt in that order

also get a lifetap wand from shops.... casting before you go in = instant win because sometimes dracs just dont proc when you want them... (i use zeal to proc, or rather did before i got exile)

ps: ignore everyone saying you need top gear.. it can be done with cheap stuff.. and honestly who cares if ubers die in 20 seconds or 50 seconds.. its not like you have 100 organ sets and your day is full of uber running :p And to be honest it is MUCH more fun to have some challenge...i rushed ahead with my pally and lucked out on some trades and got really good gear.. and now i basically have to try and not die... and its not as much fun... thats why im making a zeal sorc to run ubers :) and since im poor its being rather hard :p

5. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

Zeal Sorc, could you tell me how that turns out.
    Im currently running a untwinked enchant zealsorc with a friend, were gonna go norm,nm,hell, ubers.

Just so this Isnt complete spam, I dont know If you have ever ran ubers before but if you spawn Meph first it makes life easier, but dont just run straight into the town as you spawn all three that way.

6. xix sephra

someone beat me to the punch, sorc forums someone already completed a uber run :/ but i was already leveling /gearing mine so im gonna see it through... And as far as ubers i personally just run straight in because my char is pretty much at the top limit for gear... but the safest way i have found is to run north till edge run all west all south east to middle building and pull mephy back into SW corner.. and kill then run north run a bit east pull baal kill then go kill diablo.

ps: sorc is gonna be a zealer sorc :) but i MIGHT have to get something else for the boss'es zeal takes forever and sorcs lack the pally fortitude(not the armor:p)

7. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

There is a runeword that gives the revive spell.... Can't remember what it is though. A zeal sorc can augument her forces with some udars.

8. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

how much crushing blow is needed? I already have 65% with heavenlight and guiliam. Also, why is dungo or ik belt better? I am on useast ladder but i still need to get the keys. I have a question. Does the same key still drop even if you already have one?

9. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

The more CB, the better (and faster).
    The same key will drop if you have one. If you're lucky, you'll sometimes get two keys in the same drop.

10. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

maybe ill get goblin toes then. Btw, who is that girl in your avatar?

11. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Stick to gores instead, its better.

As for why IK belt or dungo are good choices in belt here it goes:

IK belt
    El cheapo belt
    +25 to str (nothing impressive but that 25 pts saved goes to vit)
    Lightning Resist +31%
    Fire Resist +28%

The 2 big elemental damages that will constantly tear you apart are Lightning and Fire in Uber trist. A 30% boost against those elementals is nice eh ? Its great for those making an Ubersmiter on a budget !

Dungos
    10% Faster Hit Recovery
    +30-40 To Vitality (varies)
    Replenish Life +10-13 (varies)
    Damage Reduced By 10-15% (varies)

Nuff said, DR, life regen and Vit. That is excellent for prebuff with CTA.

But then again Tgods is not a bad belt at all

+20 str
    +20 vit
    +10 Max LIT resist
    +20 lit absorb

are very friendly mods against meph.

These 3 belts are great to use in their own right so it up to your choice. If you are struggling for resist, IK, lots of resist but like more life, Dungoes, like an all round friendly belt, Tgods.

12. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Would you guys recommend smiting Mephisto with Salvation on? I guess without Fana and Fortitude, 1 point Smite won't do enought damage to finish him?

13. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

question about the lifetap wand. Do i get a want with lifetap charges? I cant seem to find one in the vendors

14. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Hell Drognan (spelling?) is your best bet for shopping a life tap wand. Yes, you want one with charges. If you are lucky, you can get one quickly, but it may take a very long time if you're not. I've shopped wands twice. The first one took 3 minutes of exiting and re-entering town, but the second one took 35 minutes...ARGH!!! I'm not sure how character level affects your chances, but hopefully one of the resident gurus can give/point you to that info.

15. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

Dunno...the pic was taken (not my me) before/during a US World Cup match.

16. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Gores is better because you dont just need Crushing Blow, you need a source of Open Wounds to combat the Ubers extremely high life regen; Gores provides both.

This doesn't work. +Vitality from items isn't multiplied by BO, only hard points into Vitality and +Life (not +Life per Character Level) is affected.

Thundergod's Vigor is probably the best PvM belt in existence, and though IK is cheaper by a small margin, T-Gods should be considered 'end-game' gear by anyone who is pure PvM. Dungo's is almost strictly PvP gear; you should never need DR against Ubers, 1 point of DR helps you dramatically less than 1 pt of max resists in PvM and so I would highly suggest T-Gods.

Smite with some Crushing Blow and Open Wounds will finish him with Salvation on almost as fast as with Fanatacism; if you are worried about resists go the safer route, you don't need to worry about time, only mana supply.

Life Tap (18) Head(24)[60/6], Daggers(24)[60/6], Wands(24)[60/6], Axes(48)[20/3]

Those are the items you can get Lifetap charges on. Yes you can shop them.

17. xix sephra

hit me up at about 8pm cst on useast ladder ill be on.. if u need more active help mugana.... gonna run to fix a network problem at work shouldnt take too long....

18. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

u will do it fine, i can assure u if its ure first time regardless of ure gear u will die, but in the end that torch is ures my friend, and u shall laugh at ure computer when u get it

19. xix sephra

if you make it past lilith,ubers wont kill you unless you stupidly run in :O

lilith > 3 ubers at same time imho...

20. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

... its cause reduce poison time lol and since its a closed space u gotta keep smiting her cause u cant run away good enough