Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can I bypass blocking in the Pits?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Artemis, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Artemis

Artemis IncGamers Member

Can I bypass blocking in the Pits?

Doing Pit runs with my conc barb is fairly straightforward. I have ITD (from 'Crescent Moon') and over 80% to hit for bosses. The problem is the high amount of monsters with shields. My damage is good, but I miss at least every third attack (monsters avg blocking is 30%).

Is there something I can add or change to help? Will some types of elemental damage bypass the block?

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

I find that, even with 95% chance to hit and monsters without shields, you miss a lot. I don't understand it myself. Even right out of the gate with your first character.

3. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

I agree with Ravenforce. I've watched my frenzy barb whiff with both weapons even when both weapons have 95% hit and fighting unprotected critters. I can't believe I hit that 5% so often. :scratch:

4. ThricethebeSaved

ThricethebeSaved Banned

I believe it is bugged or something, it cannot be right, having 95% chance to hit and missing every third or so attack, or maybe there is a cap on hit %?

5. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

no. Its just that monsters block(or at least i think) and the cap for hitting target IS 95%. Its just probably that blocking got real powerful and perhaps another reason why melee got shafted in the new patch (cept some more powerful ones)

6. Artemis

Artemis IncGamers Member

According to AS, every monster blocks now; even the Pit archers block at 20%. With ITD, that would mean every 4th attack misses. Seems rather fruitless to invest in AR anymore. The 'Crescent Moon' static field is great here, but I need to land a hit for it to go off.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

that explain why my concentrate barb miss alot. Does anyone else notice if you hold mouse button (let the whatever attack keep going), you miss more, if you keep click (try as fast as you can), you miss much less.

8. tentpeg

tentpeg IncGamers Member

Use a caster

9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

umm ITD does not equal 95% to hit or autohit. It still takes account the level difference between you and the monster you're trying to hit. Meaning, if your level is much lower than the critters level, you have alot lower chance of hitting it

10. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

I thought I was seeing that so I did the same. End result is that I can't really tell a difference. What DOES make a difference is to stop, run part way around the opponent, hit again. That has gotten me out of whiff-mode more times than I can count. Very odd.

Does it recalculate something when you break off the attack and move to a new position?

11. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Yeah I noticed that too, especially with the fast attacks such as fury and zeal.