Arreat Summit said:
Heart of the Oak
4 Socket Staves/Maces*
Ko + Vex + Pul + Thul
3 To All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage To Demons
+100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage, 3 sec. Duration (Normal)
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+10 To Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +30-40 (varies)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60 Charges)

Maces: Maces doesn't mean all Mace class weapons. As the top of the page says: Maces = Mace, Morning Star, Flail, and Exceptional/Elite versions
Source.
Hope this helps.

mjpw

Banned
yes the reason that i have so many posts is because i know so little.

thanks for the help

got a 34 hoto

but my hammer damage has jumped by 2k

Oldini

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there such a thing as 4 socket wand? Since wands are staves aren't they? Which would be excellent for a summoner..

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Not worth a shield? How many casters use them to block? You're missing +2 from spirit, but you can get +3 your skill of choice.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Either you hit the next breakpoint or you don't, and you don't need Spirit to do that. As for blocking, that's a hell of a lot of strength to wear a monarch, and for +2/Resist All? What would you do with a 4oS staff that has +3 to skills other than Energy Shield/Static Field/other lightning skill, anyway?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If you don't hit the next breakpoint, you can exchange other equipment. When assuming you have to invest 50 into str to meet the monarch reqs, that would be 28 less vit (Spirit gives you 22). IMO it's worth it.

I would sell the mentioned staves to Charsi. :tongue:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I know I heard of someone here accuring a +3 enchant, +3 fire mastery stave with 4 sockets. That is such a sexy weapon.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Yes, that would be nice for prebuffing, I admit, but I would rather make Memory out of it instead of HotO.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there such a thing as 4 socket wand? Since wands are staves aren't they? Which would be excellent for a summoner..
No.

Not worth a shield? How many casters use them to block? You're missing +2 from spirit, but you can get +3 your skill of choice.
Well, even if you go VIT over DEX there's still resists. And you can get +all skills on a shield too. There's no way +3 to one skill is worth more than a Spirit shield (if you're on the Ladder). Admittedly Spirit is ridiculously overpowered...

Basically, by using any two-handed weapon you're losing a whole extra equipment item worth of mods, and shields probably have the largest and most useful range of mods of any items. It's very rare that a two-handed weapon could be good enough to compensate for that (stupid Blizzard), especially not staves, and especially not since orbs and runewords like HOTO came along.

Either you hit the next breakpoint or you don't, and you don't need Spirit to do that. As for blocking, that's a hell of a lot of strength to wear a monarch, and for +2/Resist All? What would you do with a 4oS staff that has +3 to skills other than Energy Shield/Static Field/other lightning skill, anyway?
Monarch? If you don't care about defence (and what Sorc does?), just use an exceptional or even normal shield. Hell, my Sorcs usually tote a Sigon's with a Pdiamond in it until I can find something decent (read: almost never).

*EDIT*

Wait, I forgot, Spirit is a 4-socket recipe.

I know I heard of someone here accuring a +3 enchant, +3 fire mastery stave with 4 sockets. That is such a sexy weapon.
If only Bliz would fix bloody Inferno... I've been wanting to use Leaf properly for ages... +9 to Inferno and Warmth...

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Dondrei said:
Monarch? If you don't care about defence (and what Sorc does?), just use an exceptional or even normal shield.
Donny, the reason people use monarchs for Spirit is that monarch is the lightest non-paladin shield that can support 4 sockets. None of the exceptional/normal non-paladin shields can get 4 sockets.