Can HoJ break FI's?

Urlik_Skarsol

Diabloii.Net Member
Can HoJ break FI's?

Hand of Justice runeword has a mod that says:

-20% To Enemy Fire Resistance

Does this mean that it *breaks* a monster's Fire Immunity? or am I just wishful thinking? :flip:

On a similar note, what items can spawn with "Lower Resist" charges? rings, ammies, and circlets ? Can this mod appear on a rare jewel?

Thanks!

Urlik
 

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
It can't Break the monster's immunity, but if it IS broken by something else (Ex: Lower Resist/Conviction) it will give you a considerable kick.

Lower Resists charges can appear on Rare Heads, Wands, Daggers, Throwing Knives and Staves.
 

Harby

Diabloii.Net Member
If we assume a monster has Fire Immune and we use Hand of Justice on it lowering its fire res by 20% its all depending on its actual fire res. Fire res above or equal to 100% is considered immunity. If its actual fire res is 100-119 % then you would literaly break its immune and you could do some actual dmg with fire spells, though that would be not much to kill it quick.
 

Ayers

Diabloii.Net Member
Harby said:
If we assume a monster has Fire Immune and we use Hand of Justice on it lowering its fire res by 20% its all depending on its actual fire res. Fire res above or equal to 100% is considered immunity. If its actual fire res is 100-119 % then you would literaly break its immune and you could do some actual dmg with fire spells, though that would be not much to kill it quick.
Not true. My understanding is items like the above HoJ or facets work like Cold Mastery and will NEVER break immunity. ONLY conviction or lower resist will. This is a 1.10 thing.
 

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ayers said:
Not true. My understanding is items like the above HoJ or facets work like Cold Mastery and will NEVER break immunity. ONLY conviction or lower resist will. This is a 1.10 thing.
Correct. Note that Conviction and Lower Resist work at 1/5th their effectiveness on immune monsters, meaning that a maximum conviction can break the immunity of a monster with less than 130 fire resist. Also a monster will be brought down to a minimum of 80% resist by the skill breaking their immunity (so -150% Conviction on a 100% immune will bring it to 80%, not 70%). As far as I know, both effect can stack, so a Paladin with Conviction and Lower Resist charges can break a monster with up to 137% resist (which effectively means 100-130% immune monsters, anything higher won't be broke by anything). However, after being broken, -resist% items will take full effect. If a CI monster is broken, CM can take it down to -50% just fine. Not sure if there's a hard cap on the maximum -% that can be applied, if not the only cap is the -100% on a resistance.
Realize however that almost all monsters in hell that have an immunity, have it at %s over 100. If you take a look at monster resists, you'll notice alot of 130's and 140's...numbers that you're not going to break with Lower Resist charges.
 

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
alainpp66 said:
It can't Break the monster's immunity, but if it IS broken by something else (Ex: Lower Resist/Conviction) it will give you a considerable kick.
He means that you'll end up with a 9x% resistant monster after the immunity is broken and that HoJ will bring that down to 7x%. Fire facets can bring it down to 5x%. Then you're actually at half your damage rather than 1/20.
 

Urlik_Skarsol

Diabloii.Net Member
Zarhrezz said:
Realize however that almost all monsters in hell that have an immunity, have it at %s over 100. If you take a look at monster resists, you'll notice alot of 130's and 140's...numbers that you're not going to break with Lower Resist charges.
Dang... well that shoots my plan in the foot... :grrr:

Thank you for the detailed replies tho.

Urlik
 
Top