Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can Drognan sell this?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Ivo, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Ivo

Ivo IncGamers Member

Can Drognan sell this?

I was wondering whether Drognan in normal can sell this:

A non-magical Scepter with 3 sockets and +3 to Holy Freeze.

I'd like to make a Lawbringer from it to use with a Holy Freeze paladin.

Also, does my character need to be a certain lvl do get the best odds of finding it?

Eventually i want it in a Caduceus , but that can't be shopped right? Where would be the best place to find that?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: Can Drognan sell this?

Holy Freeze is a Tier 4 staffmod. Drogon on normal sells up to ilvl 20 items. At ilvl 20, any item capable of getting a staffmod begins in Tier 3 and has a 20% chance of increasing to Tier 4, so it is indeed possible to get Holy Freeze as a staffmod from items sold by Drogon.

The second question about the sockets. The scepters that Drogon can sell on normal are only the Scepter and Grand Scepter. The Scepter has socket breakpoints of 2/2/2, which means that they always get a max of 2 sockets regardless of their ilvl. Grand Scepters have breakpoints of 3/3/3, so they always get a max of 3 sockets regardless of their ilvl.

So in summary, it is possible for Drogon to spawn this item, but you'll need to get a Grand Scepter and not a normal Scepter. You don't need to be a certain ilvl to get it per say, since Act 2 normal shops have their ilvl capped at 20 (even if you're clvl 99 items sold on act 2 normal will be ilvl 20). A Caddy can be sold, but just not in white form.

3. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

But I confidently predict you can spend the rest of your life shopping him without success so please just grab it if you see one OK?

4. Ivo

Ivo IncGamers Member

guess what, I got my non-magical Grand Scepter with 3 sockets and +3 to Holy Freeze. :D It's even superior. And only took me less then 50 shop respawns. I must be really lucky

5. Noodie

Noodie IncGamers Member

insane luck or they are not so rare after all :)

6. Millipede

Millipede IncGamers Member

im actually not surpised. its pretty easy getting what you need from drognan. i did the same thing to get a +3 holy fire with three socket. and i usually end up having to get my 2os +3bone spear wands from him too (because i can never ever find them anywhere else in the "wild") it always takes very little time :thumbup:

edit: omg i just remembered something. when i was trying to get my holy fire scepter, one popped up with +3holy fire and +3 zeal. and i didnt have enough gold!! aaarrggggh!

7. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Get ready to spend some serious gold on repairs. Superior is a bad thing in this case.

8. Ivo

Ivo IncGamers Member

yeah,i noticed lol. Made a lawbringer in it and a full repair costs over a million coins. Thank God for Ort runes.