Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can DC still spawn after Diablo run?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Gyro, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

Can DC still spawn after Diablo run?

Before assuming that this is a noob question, consider this:

Diablo will NOT spawn once you kill the Diablo Clone.

Maybe this is already common knowledge, but I've never read about it on these forums. I only discovered it last week when I killed my first DC, and then went on to do a Diablo run with my new annihilus. After triggering all the seals and disposing of the three bosses, Diablo failed to appear.

Which leads me to the question in the title. Could the inverse also be true? If you kill Diablo, is it still possible for Diablo Clone to spawn? Has anyone had a relevant experience?

2. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Now it would just be silly to have 2 Diablos in the same game wouldn't it?

If you go to any of the Disney's, they have a strict policy that there can only be 1 Mickey Mouse on the premises. So if Mickey Mouse happened to be at the entrance, there couldn't be another dude dressed in a Mickey suit on the other side of the park. Only when he dissapears to the public can the other Mickey come out.

Well, if you killed Diablo Clone, then there couldn't be the regular one since they're all Diablo. But this would also mean that once you killed the regular diablo, the clone couldn't spawn.

I know this sounds cheesy and has nothing to do with the real explanation but that thought just popped into my head.

3. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

It's quite possible...

4. chenghao

chenghao IncGamers Member

on the other hand his called clone for a reason

5. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Actually, there was a part in this site's Diablo Clone section on the official name of DC being 'Uber Diablo' in the game code. Don't know why ppl started calling him the clone.

6. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

I'm hoping someone who has actually had one of these experiences AFTER killing (original) Diablo can confirm what actually when/if they later get the "walks the earth" message.

1. Diablo Clone appears.
    2. Diablo Clone fails to appear.

Has anyone got the "walks the earth" message AFTER Act IV Diablo (original Diablo) was killed?