Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can BvA barb everybeat a good BvB?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nickalisk, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

Can BvA barb everybeat a good BvB?

The BvC barb with BvA gear...can it every beat a good BvB barb? think about it..the BvB was designed for the sold purpose of ripping apart other melee.

2. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Your title is confusing. Your post didn't really clear things up none too good 'neither.

In an attempt at comprehension, I'll say BvB, because he's designed to take out other barbs.... duh.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, I'd agree with just about everything Inu said. Your post is a bit confusing, but I'll say the BvB will win, based soley on the fact that, uh, hes DESIGNED to kill barbarians, so it makes sense that a BvB would win against a barb NOT designed to kill melee/barbarians.

-Matt

4. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

NIckalisk is becoming an annoying presecnce on the boards do to his lack of speaking skills...or common sense.

5. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

I too am hideously delirious but I think I know what you mean.

Yes, a BvC can kill a BvB; ask luis19 or dumbpig.

6. Inuyasha

A BvC CAN... But it is ;far more likely for the BvB to win, in the hands of equally competant players.

Unfortunately, for all that statistics are worth, they are still only an estimation of probability in this game, because any fluke CAN happen. You could do a whirlwind against a standing sorc with no block, and still not hit once, simply because it is all up to probability.

The safest bet of who would win that duel though, is BvB. Of course, perhaps I've missed the point entirely, given that I don't know the definition of "everybeat".

7. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Ok, agreed that nick's spelling is abhorent, as is his syntax; however I can't help but wonder if the reason he goes off is because everyone blasts him.

Agreed it's hard to read his posts, but if you just say "...well nick you should work on your grammar, but BvB has a much higher chance beating a BvA because they are built to beat other barbs", maybe we wouldn't see as many mini-flames from him.

Sometimes you gotta play nice :D

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

my barb was originally bvc but i changed to max block, keeping low strength.
    this is bva, low strength + max block.

so far, 2 barbs i have failed to beat, and only 1 more has been able to beat me (we go 50/50).

9. semisonic9

Louis, I have a BvA now, I'd like to see ur or someone elses barb on east if u wanna.

*JoeReid tonight or something.

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Well I'd also wager that your gear is pretty high end, and that you know what you're doing with barbs.

Given a perfectly built/equipped BvC, and a perfectly built and equipped BvB, in equal hands, the BvB would win the VAST majority of the duels. Of course a high end BvC in the hands of a skilled player will beat a mediocre BvB in unskilled hands. All things equal, a BvB will beat a BvC in a 1v1 duel though.

-Matt

11. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, BvC barbs can simply use a Widowmaker combined with 9 frame or better tele to whittle away a BvB.

It is my understanding that most BvBs do not have the ability to use nearly as much fcr. Also, I was under the impression that most BvBs don't use Enigma period. If either of these statements are true, then a 9 frame tele BvC barb shouldn't have any problems with a BvB if they use Widowmaker. BvC barbs have more life to help even things out as well.

In straight up WW vs WW duels though, BvB should win given that gear and skill are equal.

12. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

spelling is horrible because i have a korean computer keyboard (im chinese) i speak good english but the keyboard configs is foriegn. i have to hold shift and alt to type so when im in a hurry it f*cks up.
    i meant to say is: i have a BvA barb, what are the diffrences in skill and stats of BvB barbs as compared to BvA barbs? Who will Most likely win, and what strategies besides whirling around is there?

so only vs other barb do i use Widowmaker....what about vs other melee like smiters and such? how do i distinguish a pure melee barb vs a BvC one or a BvA one?
    or do i just use my lil bow vs all barbs in general?

13. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

BvB barbs I'd imagine use Fort or Duress instead of Enigma since they have no need for the kind of mobility that Enigma grants. They also have no need for fcr, are built with max block in mind, and aim specifically at having a high def and high ar. BvA barbs will most likely have less ar, less def, and use Enigma. They will switch out their fcr gear in favor of damage/ar gear most likely in a fight with a BvB.

If a BvB faces a BvA in straight WWing then the BvB will most likely win given equal gear and skill.

Only against BvB barbs would you use Widowmaker. Against a BvC barb you will most likely be shredded if you use a Widowmaker since you lose all block with the bow out and they will no longer be afraid to telestomp you because they know you won't be doing much damage with the bow. You are using the Widow because BvBs either can't tele or tele very slowly.

Smiters you can use the bow against but I would be very careful about it. Pallies have Charge and with a bow you can be charge locked. The bow is to allow you to play a ranged game against an opponent that can't catch you. With Charge any pally can close the distance very quickly and you might not even see them if they desynch.

BvC: Will not have maxed block with a shield since they go base dex, will be packing the most life because of the saved stats, will have a higher level Leap.

BvB: Will not have fcr gear, most likely won't use Enigma, should be using a shield, and has maxed block.

BvA: These are the middle ground between the BvC and BvB in that they are a BvC barb with less life so they could pump dex for maxed block when they need it. They may also have Fort/Duress armor switchs. Depending on whether they lean more towards the anti-caster or anti-melee side of dueling will determine if they have extra points into Shout or Leap. Leap being BvC and Shout being BvB and melee.

14. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

heres some strengths each build has:

bvc barb: larger buffer for error (bout 1.5k-2k+ more life than bvb barb)

bvb barb: usually more dmg/ar, and higher defense. max block

bva barb: usually same dmg as bvc barb, bout 500-1k more life than bvb barb, max block

all that stuff bout manuverabliity and fcr stuff isn't necessarily true since my barb has both bvb and bvc gear (i can reach 105 fcr, highly stacked resist, widowmaker, some sorb, OW setup, bvb gear, max dr, shield). A bvb barb can do the same and do just about as good, the difference is: life.

also one major difference between bvc and bva/bvb is that bvc usually has leap while the other two have a bigger incentive to invest in shout/ironskin (since obviously you'd make a barb with max block to fight other barbs or maybe you have trouble with zealots?).

15. dumbpig

dumbpig Banned

open wounds is the great equalizer

16. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

si, but all three should ahve plenty of ow.
    however bvb barbs is teh dumb barbs and usually use rends and crap liek valor.

zz ezpk without OW.

17. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

I'm not a big melee dueler (in fact I've never made a melee dueler at all). I'm interested in why OW would be such a big asset, from what I've read it's like poison damage. So what's the deal? Does it get around DR or block or somthing?

Just want to be informed :D

18. Inuyasha

OW is unresistable. No form of PDR, absorb, or anything stops it. Also, yes, it is unblockable (though it is only applied by an attack.. which must not be blocked).

The main thing though: OW is only reduced to 1/4 by the pvp penalty, NOT 1/6 like every other type of damage in the game. This means insane amounts of damage, far beyond most poison (keep in mind, most), which can be resisted and is reduced by 1/6 pvp.

19. semisonic9

Still, a good bvb will have max block, so you'd realy need to pelt them with the widowmaker with a lot of shots to get the OW to kick in.

Sometimes I just stand there and tank zon shots with my unfinished barb (may be BvA, if not BvB), it's kinda funny.

20. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

duel a good zon like tranquility and you will be ownt on a barb if u try to tank him, hes built like my old zon: 2k+ life 6k dmg.