Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can anyone help at all?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Neo Vegito, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo Vegito

Neo Vegito IncGamers Member

Can anyone help at all?

Hello gyus, new here, sorry if this is in the wrong section I didn't see another one. I'm looking for help from anyone, yesterday and today I was hacked out of a boneweave enigma and 2 stones of jordan. I am a trap assassin, USEast, nonladder, and I could really use a moral boost or equipment such as a cta or a couple of sojs, or just something that could help me out. I'm ready to give up with diablo 2 forever, but I like the good old fashioned people who played straight diablo 2, but it looks as if though those days might be gone forver.

If you wouldn't mind helping please message me at Brak751 on aol instant messenger.

2. angus

angus IncGamers Member

Someone never bothered with the rules.

3. WOWTHATWASFAST

WOWTHATWASFAST Banned

its not uncommon for this to happen, but i feel your pain man. However, its a bad idea to start asking for items when you are so new to the forum. The best most of us can do is give you a word or two for a moral boost. My advice is that you should stay away from drop trades (ie gheeds, anni) unless you fully trust the person or do not do stupid things. (those free account games ive been seeing nowadays uses a dumb trick to get your password. its like whats your rank, to check it type account,password, char name etc.)

check out the giveaways, no ones going to give an item that is as rare as a cta or sojs but you can find minor items to get back on your foot. If you could afford and or find those items, you can get them again. Sorry if this is not much of a help.

4. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Three things. First of all, welcome to the forums. Second, it's not a good idea to post the same thing in multiple places. It is considered spam, against the rules, and a bannable offense. Third, you're asking quite alot from people that have had no prior interaction with you. The average person here plays legitly and can't afford to just toss things, such as those you've requested, at anyone that comes in asking. I'd suggest you make some posts here and there, get a feel for things, then go back to mf runs. Most of us who have gathered wealth have done so through our own hard work and trading prowess, not the freebies of others. I'm not trying do sound like a dousche or anything, I just want to caution you on your first impressions.

~Bails

Edit: Not fast enough, curse my habit of typing out excessively long messages.

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

One thing you can do is to pretend it's the start of the new ladder season, and start a character from scratch. Even with the loss of items, I'll wager you'll probably still have alot more than a fair amount of other people on bnet. It'll be alot more satisifying to come back from nothing on your own, than to receive alot of items from other people.

Otherwise, take this opportunity to start something new. If you aren't playing hardcore already, you might want to consider it. Softcore items don't transfer to hardcore anyway, so now might be a good chance to give hardcore a go. Also, if you haven't had a chance, make a classic character (you can use the same expansion CD to play him/her). Classic has a different feel to expansion, and there's some extra bonuses like having a high level character to rush other chars for hellforge on the expansion once your done.

Note: I'm aware that there's a very good chance that you won't actually read this. Your first two posts were basically just asking for items, which leads me to believe you only really came here in the hope of getting some free gear. Unfortunatly, it's probably likely that the only thing your prepared to consider, is people giving you free items.

6. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

7. MrDoc

MrDoc IncGamers Member

What's up with the hordes of newcomers telling lies and begging for items these days?
    Who let them out?

8. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yes, if he left his aim account, hes not coming back. i have a question for aragorn. if there just a "friendly" "asking" for items thread like this, should we report, or just when it starts to get harsh?

9. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, I think you already know the answer to that question:

1) He posted the exact same thread in another forum, so that's bumping, which isn't allowed. http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=336164 Threads get locked and have to be reported.

2) There is a help and giveaway thread on top of this page. Gorny locks most/all threads down unless the person has a very good reason and asked permission to make it.

10. SilentMagik

SilentMagik IncGamers Member

11. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Good Lord, I think I've seen this thread somewhere before.

12. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

I got some Sojs and CTAs that I don't need, I'm in the game "In Ur Dreams/When Hells Freezes Over", look for me.

13. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

YOU CAN DO IT!

14. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Thread closed ...Possible temp ban forthcomming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.