Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can anyone fix this link for me?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BKC, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

2. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

Tips for googling.
    site:blahblah filters results to a specific site.

I googled 'site:diabloii.net t=479622' to get 3 results.
    1st one was this current thread.
    2nd was a discussion regarding charges and ctc items, which @maxicek replied with ur link above.
    3rd was the link you are probably looking for

EDIT: wow. I just realized the reply by @maxicek was from 2006. Kudos to you sir! :eek:
    EDIT2: nvm. 1st one was someone else looking for the same thread from some years back.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  3. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

:) i am doing the best i can thanks for fixing that link for me (bookmarked for oblivion)

4. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

You might find the AB wiki skill page of interest. All the info you need about this is in it, or in any of the subpages like oskill, on attack, ... If you are looking for a specific skill, all items which have CTC or something similar are also listed on the wiki page about that particular skill.

BKC likes this.
  5. necrolemming

necrolemming Diabloii.Net Member

Thyiad and BKC like this.
  6. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

Yes i am looking for an item with terror (or howl) charges on it the later one doesnt exist as far as i know.

edit: i have a certain build idea in my head (sorc for chest running).

Why sorc? it already has access to teleport + telekinesis

I am just looking for a way to get 200fc + a save build :) oh and i am searching through the already available builds but i am fond of theorycrafting (and trying something different). She doesnt have to kill just let the monsters either run/be baffled/frozen something like that so she has the time to safely open a chest on /p7

@T72on1 thank you for that link!!! :) much appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. T72on1

Sounds cool.

Howl apparantly appears as CTC when struck on the Myth runeword. Doesn't sound very practical ;).

Terror is available as charge on Daggers, Wands, Shrunken Heads and Shields. You won't be able to get to 200% fcr with any of those though.

8. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

:D close too is good enough :)

edit: OOH shields now that is a cool idea (starts boiling again)

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

This Sorc for A5 chests by any chance?

10. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

Just get a high level frozen armor and practice popping chests.
    CTA also helps a lot

In my experience you don't want things that interfere with monster AI because you lose the ability to predict where they are going to move. This is especially true with CTC items since you don't know when they will be proc'ed. You really just want to draw the monsters towards you to clear the chest and TK it from a distance, then teleport around to check the loot. Picking it up can be a little tough though.

This is my sorc back when she was running p7 RoF with cheap gear and 867 life

pharphis and Jocular like this.
  11. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

Oh my word that map is amazing :0

What sorta memorable finds did you get?

12. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

Yes a5, a3, a4 there are several places that has chests and i have a thing with chests (i really like running them)

edit: a bit of searching around netted me these two threads:
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thr...he-special-chest-running-es-sorceress.698450/

and

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/guide-lower-kurast-running-sorceress-by-nepeta-v3.683526/

Both are interesting the first one is a safety build and the later one a blizz sorc both designed for running the chests. I am not sure if i like the ES route i am going to see what else i can come up with.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  13. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

Lots of runes. Jah is my highest but a Cham is supposed to exist.
    There is a whole thread for it here
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/1-13-rof-superchest-patterns.922280/

@BKC I too am a fellow chestaholic (and popaholic). I'd personally suggest two builds depending on if you want to run CTA. CTA slows down runs, but makes item recovery a lot faster and runs a lot safer. In the end that's what I prefer.

Without CTA:
    Frozen Armor
    Static Field
    Glacial Spike
    Frozen Orb

Prayer merc with Insight

With CTA:
    Frozen Armor
    Static Field
    Ice blast
    Blizzard

Holy Freeze merc with Insight

Basically without high Life bulb I want to be able to reliably direct my chilling toward things that need to be slowed down. And I use Glacial spike on the LMB to Freeze enemies when I need it. With CTA you want to be able to readily kill stuff. So Blizzard and Ice Blast are your running skills.

For the merc, with low life bulbs you're going to notice the Prayer stacked with Insight. I still like running Insight with CTA (I can't change to a HF merc because of my map) because if you get mana burned you dont need to pot. I'm actually not sure I'd want HF on the merc as I haven't tested it. I find it important that the monsters chase you around or else they take longer to get away from the chests. So perhaps I'd still go with a Prayer merc even if I had the option for HF.

Aside from that just use TK liberally. Not just for popping chest but also for clearing monsters away from your chests.

BKC likes this.
  14. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

@Brak

Thanks for the link. In that guide it says that there's two super chests in RoF, yet your map has three. Did it take long to roll your map?

15. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think anyone knows what the maximum number of super chests is in the RoF. From my experience there are two separate 'tiles' that will spawn reliable superchests. The most sought after is the pair at the top of my map. Usually people running RoF will just reroll until that peninsula with a pair of superchests is a couple TPs from their WP. You can see that my map has a second tile with a single superchest, and I think this usually has a triplet of poppables down below. I have no knowledge of the way tiles are selected, but I don't see why there couldn't be a map like mine, but instead with the two superchest tile repeated just like you can get two campfires in LK.

Still I think my map is super rare. I really just stumbled upon it. I wasn't even running the third chest initially because I didn't know it was there (this is all documented in that thread, but the images might be dead now). I had gotten bored and decided to search around a bit more on the map and found the third chest. I was even more surprised that I could reach it with a standard teleport. If you want to look for one, go ahead, it's not that hard to get 2 chests near the WP, so you aren't really losing much if you reroll after finding that. I also really like having the Health Shrine on the way down. Before I was using CtA, it was a great way to top off the life bulb at the start of runs. The only other tile I'd search out is a pentagram of poppables if you are into that sort of thing during LK runs.

16. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

T72on1, BKC and pharphis like this.
  17. Grisu

Grisu Diabloii.Net Member

3 superchests is the maximum AFAIK, but never on one tile.Pre 1.13 jjscud and I rolled lots of maps and the best we could manage was one tile with 2 and another one with 1 chest. Never had more than that. Never had 2 tiles with 2 chests or 2 tiles with 1 chest.

pharphis likes this.
  18. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

@Brak thank you for the ellaborate explaination.

So to sum it up max this:
    With CTA (hurray i got 2 good ones):
    Frozen Armor
    Static Field
    Ice blast
    Blizzard
    +1pnt wonders

Holy Freeze merc with Insight (i got this too)

i just wonder why to max static and not GS/telekinesis for example... :)
    i would go this route:
    20 frozen
    20 telekinesis
    20 bliz
    20 GS/IBlast
    1 pnt wonders
    That would net you a safe and fast sorc with reasonable killing power because of blizzard.

19. T72on1

My RoF map was identical to that of @Brak . I think most people doing RoF superchest running have that exact map. Getting that third superchest is really hard I think.

20. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

@BKC

Oh sorry I wouldn't max those skills. Basically with CTA, just use a Blizz sorc. Put at least a point into Frozen armor depending on your +skills from gear. If you don't feel the freeze duration is safe enough, drop more hard points into it. Also have a decent Static Field for dealing with cold immunes, again number of hard points depends on +skills with most setups you should be fine with one point.

Without CTA, just use a Frozen Orb sorc, except add Glacial spike to the list of skills that you want to put points in until you're happen with the freeze duration. And you'll usually have leftover points for a secondary skill to deal with cold immunes, which should be tailored to your running target.