Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can anyone demonstrate a FC bear?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by C-Beat, Mar 17, 2004.

1. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Can anyone demonstrate a FC bear?

Hi all!
    I've been thinking of doing a FC bear for pvp and some mfing. He seems to be a good mf char because of the fast attack speed an huge dmg. with a skullders+shako+wt+alibaba he should be able to maintain killing speed.

However, since i've never played a druid since i bough this game about 3 years ago i dont know how they work anymore.
    I would be very happy if someone on europe realm could show me online just how effective and fast they are. I would just like to se a FC bear in action for 2 minutues.

Also i have a two questions regarding skills and gear:
    * Is i point in fury enough to deal with FIs? with gear and charms it would be about slvl 20 so the dmg and speed should be quite good.

*Would a 4 socket armor with 4 fire facets be better than enigma for pvp? wont be using teleport though. In other words, is 12k-13k FC dmg enough? :D

regards
    C-Beat

2. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

Hi!

FC bears are really great when it comes to PvP .. They have huge problems with PvM though, when it comes to FI monsters, but if you party alot then I guess it won't be a problem.

Alibaba is almost the worst imaginable weapon there is for a Werebear.
    use a phaseblade with atleast 110% IAS, since the only thing you really want from a weapon is speed.

*I use the 1 point I have in "Maul" and have a Buriza on switch for FI

*When it comes to damage, 4x Facet armors are better, but they lack all the sweet mods of Enigma/Chains of Honor.

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I mean i will use an alibaba on switch if i mf with the char ;)

But shouldnt slvl >20 be able to take care of FIs in pvm better than maul? it cant be that terrible?!

the only sweet mod on enigma that wont increase FC dmg is the defense and ~360 life the str would give. but is it really worth 3k more fire dmg?

C-Beat

4. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

It just feels so slow as compared to the almost insane killing speed of 15K Fire 4FPA fire damage. You will probably have about 2-3K damage going at 6-7 FPA or so. Ofcourse its very doable to get through the game without rushing like this. Many people have done that so I'm sure that you can do it aswell, if you want to! :)

Well, that is completely up to you! :)
    Another really good armor for a Fireclaws build is Chains of Honor, which I like much, much better for PvM. These are the stats, if you should have forgotten all about it:

+2 To All Skills
    +200% Damage To Demons
    +100% Damage To Undead
    8% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +70% Enhanced Defense
    +20 To Strength
    Replenish Life +7
    All Resistances +65
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Not that bad, IMO, and it makes it alot easier to have max resist, which I feel is important for a top PvM character.

Hope this helps! :p
    Strid

5. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

For pure mf, I highly recommend a wind druid.

It is not as equipment dependent to do reasonable amounts of dmg so you can use mf optimizing equipment.

Plus it's really fun to do NM runs with Hurricane, it looks a lot like cutting the lawn. In these lvl of difficulties, you don't need to stop to cast spells or hit things. Just run through the area with Hurricane on and mow things down.

Tornado is a great backup for the occasional cold immune or boss.

For Hell mf runs you will need to spam tornados in order to kill quickly. I use Vipermagi + PTopaz & Rhyme to give me good enough FCR and adds 49 to my mf (I swap my chance guards for Trang's/Mage Fist if I need a little more casting speed). I keep Wiz Spike & Lidless on my switch in case of emergency.

I can use my full mf gear (370 mf) through the common mf run areas in Hell act 1-3. I also use my full mf gear for Pindle, Shenk, & Eldritch.

I had been using rare 24 mf boots with 10-20% f r/w but found that I preferred using Aldur's for the greater speed.

6. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

With my FC bear, I have a Lidless Wall and Wizardspike on switch. When I want to teleport I deshift, and I have a ~5K Firestorm that is a really great skill. I think its compareable to tornado. O_O

Also, I feel that my FC bear kills ALOT faster than my Wind druid. ~15K Fireclaws running at 4 FPA >> 5K Tornado @ around 10 FPC. Atleast for PvM, and I have full resists and about 5K life with my bear.

The Wind druid may be more versatil, but not nearly as FUN! :D

7. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm a bit tired of wind druids as i've seen so many of them, but i've yet to se a FC bear!

FC bears seems kinda cool cuz of the speed and high dmg, but i might get bored cuz it can basicly only do one form of attack...

I had forgotten about the elemtental attacks i will have though! is it worth to put a few points in the wind skills to get armageddon? i mean so i can use it while shifted in pvp...

also, isnt there a single FC bear on europe that can give me a small demonstration?

C-Beat

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

be sure to invest at least 1 point into shockwave. with all the +skills I wear i get a 10 second stun length! if you have a method of dealing with fire immunes you can stun em first, if you dont, then you can stun n' run!

9. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

thx for the tip! i will sure do that :)

C-Beat

10. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

Theres me... :)

You can try and whisper me @ *strid .. I think I have a pretty good one, though hes stipped of his SS GCs to favor my Rabies/Fury WW rightnow. He still has like 10K Fire damage, though, so a demonstration should really be no problem...

11. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Great! i appriciate it :) I'll try to whisper you when i get home tonigh.

C-Beat

12. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Hi,
    I got a FC bear in Europe, clvl 89, 14k fire damg at 4 fpa, not gosu gear yet (facets, really bar armor, no vita in skilers...), but i do pretty well in pvp (as far as a FC bear can do). I can get up to 35k AR when needed.

Too bad im on ladder, and u dont, do you?

And for the mf thing, well, thre are pretty much FI in this game, u need a good second attack. i have one point in maul and can use buriza on swich, tho is not big deal. May be shael windhammer or 2 shaels IK maul is the best option, tho high stregh req...

13. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I just want to se one in action, so i can use my emptied ladder chars :) whats ur acc?

shouldnt a baranars star with slvl 20 be able to take care of FIs? or some kind of cruel weapon...

C-Beat

14. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

I think u better do an hybrid...Flaming Rabies Bear is the char that better suits to your needs, u can have without too much trouble 9k fire damage and 6-7k poison damge , very effective in PvM since u dotn meet many poison+fire inmunes in game, ans also is very effective in pvp...and fun. Think seriously about it.

ladder: *ferro44 ; *ferro55

15. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I've looked at that guide a few times...but i'm attracted to the +12k fire dmg :D

Havent made up my mind yet though.

C-Beat