Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can a trapsin make chaos runs in 8 players games?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Barabas, May 13, 2008.

1. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

Can a trapsin make chaos runs in 8 players games?

Suppose we have a trapsin 11k - 12k LS dmg.

Can she(it) make chaoses all by herself in 8 plrs games? Or a help form a sorc is requireD?

2. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

Re: Can a trapsin make chaos runs in 8 players games?

yes she can and it's not that slow, ofc. infinity is a total must

forget death sentry, though. It will deal nearly no damage in 8 player games

3. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

Ofc. we all talk about LS, other traps just doesn't exist.

I made calculation and I found that only those mana burner are imune to L. But for those ANY merc can handle the task.

The main job in taking down those Oblivions ... the rest with a fairly shafted vampirezed obedienced ( eth botded for the rich ) merc is a walk in the park.

My question is : 12k LS dmg is enough to kill those monsters in 8 plrs chaos runs ( except mana burnes which I leave to merc ) ? Let's exclude Infinity from the equation pls.

4. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Excluding infinity means a ton of LI's more. YOu can't exclude infinity. if you do the speed of csing will decrease drasticly to a level that just isnt worth the effort.

5. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

- x % ERL from infinity applies to traps, or we are talking about jewels case "oh no , traps are minions" ?

Does conviction works if infinity is on your merc ?

I don't remember if Conviction is a general aura or it is bound to the char that has it?

6. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

-x % from infinity does not apply to traps, but the conviction aura helps tons. It even breaks the immunity of normal ghosts, so only the unique ones with some kind of mod that increases it's lightning resistance even more will make it unbreakable. It also speeds up the killing speed by a lot.

7. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

The fact is that I'm trying to make a Choas runs couple. I already have a full skilled charmed trapsin with 12k dmg, and I wanna know what should I choose for the second runer.

From your answers it seems that a din with full Conviction is the ideal partner.

From what you've told me in your posts, a full charmed trapsin and a convictioned din can do choas in very short time.

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You might want to try some of the following characters:
    - Blizz sorc (kills those LI extremely fast)
    - Auradin (kills most anything, and has conviction at lvl 25)
    - Strafe glass cannon (no PI monsters in CS, so that's a breeze)
    - Psn necro (no poison immunes, and the nec will have lower resist, and decrep for big D and the occational dangerous mob)

9. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

I invested too much time in that trapsin to just let her go and change her with another.

From halvete's list I choose Auradin to go along with my trapsin . I'll make a hybrid : a smiter with conviction to weaken monster to a degree which you make those 12K LS an instant death. With Oblivions dead, I'll let the griefed smiter finish the LI.

10. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Remember that someone that increases your killing speed by less than 2X and can't kill anything is not as effective as someone who doesn't increase your damage but does 2x. So neither auradins nor avengers are really worth considering - especially when you can get conviction from an item with all these duped runes flying around.

Anyway with proper gear poison necros can do rediculess AOE damage and help break immunes.
    Other than that just anyone with good gear and killing speed that doesn't rely on lightning damage since a necro and a paladin werethe only options that actually boost anything that you do.

11. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

I kinda agree. Poison necros can be sick, every monster reduced to -100 resis, immunes dropped to 0%, and 14k dam per second. But remember it's players 8 game. Only javazon one hit kills everything in players 8 :) Also, getting stuff as 2/50 death's web is a pain, even in our stinking mass dupe filled ladder.

Poison necro is extremely fun to play though (at least 4 me) and lower resists will definitely speed things up for your trapsin.

12. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

I made a simple test.
    I made 2 teams :

Team A : Hammerdin , right aura 25 lvl conviction, Blessed hammer + Trapsin 12k dmg LS . Main plan : Trapsin kills all, din kills mana burner bosses.
    Team B : Hammerdin , right aura 25 lvl conviction, Blessed hammer + Blizz 9k full necessary cold tree ( df 29% + Night Veil 14 %). Main plan : Blizz puts them all down, din finishes Oblivions.

Team A ( I din heading the masacre tanking, my friend trapsin killing from the shadow ), 6 mules , one CS run ~ 30 min
    Team B ( I din heading the masacre tanking, my friend blizz killing from distance), 6 mules , one CS run ~ 15 min

Well, I think my trapsin is kindof pointless.
    In 8 plrs chaos runs games, Blizz made'em fall like flyies.

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

With that much in the cold tree, I'd guess cold mastery alone would reduce any non-immunes to -100% with no need for conviction? Or does lvl 25 conviction break OK immunity?

At any rate, that might be even quicker if the hammerdin ran conc for more hammer damage = quicker OK kills and puts most anything into hit recovery, just like blizz will do.

14. Reticent Drappa

Reticent Drappa IncGamers Member

I run my trapper in full hell games (typically pk games as people tend to stay a while and argue) through chaos and baal.

She does not have an infinity using merc and I'd like to stress that is it not necessary.
    With one point into fireblast she can easily kill the light immunes in chaos (storm casters).
    She has an a3 cold merc with the 90% fcr bp, which helps alot with the storm casters and souls as well.
    Along with death sentry, there is really no need for an infinity, let alone another player.
    Of course it is all personal preference.
    I prefer to run alone as the exp is enormous, and I do also prefer challenges, also all the drops are MINE~!
    The souls @ baal are laughable, as I use fade at all times with my sin (not sure if you use fade also but I am on my way to maxing it as my assassin is c/c).
    Anyways, just wanted to point out that it IS possible without infinity merc and definately without another player involved.
    My merc uses eth magi, spirit sword and shield, and an eth nw I was lucky enough to find from baal.

I am not suggesting that you do this yourself, or that is is the fastest or easiest way, as I realize it is not the typical setup to use.

I just wanted people to know that it's possible.

I decided to use the Iron wolf merc not because I cannot afford the infinity, but because I like a3 mercs.
    I just merely wanted to point out that trappers are indeed strong enough to solo themselves.
    :smiley:

Once again I am not suggesting this is superior in any way, as it is slower and I am sure you'd like to run as efficiently as possible.

15. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

Last ladder used a trapper to run open chaos games, worked fine and take same time as with bowazon, ls dmg was at 12k and merc used infinity voulge/stone/delirium, only thing is make sure you use death sentry, always place 4ls and 1 ds, fire dmg isnt that good but is only half dmg cs have and a source of physical dmg is good to have.
    HellPlayer