Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can a Lightning sorc solo the mini ubers?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Lyndis, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Can a Lightning sorc solo the mini ubers?

I know Meph himself is Lighting immune, so trying to solo Uber Tristram with a Lightning sorc is an exercise in futility. However, what about Izzy, Duri, and Andariel's mom? Can they be solo'ed with a lightning sorc? I want to test out Charge_Boltress's mettle against them, after having succesfully laughing off the efforts of Lister and his pack, packs of Champion Frenzytaurs, etc trying to kill her.

2. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

If I'm not mistaken Izual's lair spawns those immune-to-everything-elemental Balrog-like monsters.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

not sure, but I'll let you know when I get there. I'm only level 41 now. Izzy's chamber is full of those resists all guys like you said. The question will be how they resistant they are under conviction.

4. xniteman

xniteman IncGamers Member

I don't think infinity could break the immune of those guys...

However, just let your merc do the job. And Izzy is easy for anything other than a pure cold sorc, just moat trick him and maybe use a bow dealing either poison damage or OW to stop his regen. Since Izzy is significantly faster than his minions, it's easy to lure him out

Against Lilith you definitely need something to tank for you, either some revives from Eternity or Harmony, or the Bone Prison from Marrowwalk. Other than that it's pretty much the same, use a bow with OW to stop her regen. By using Bone Prison instead of the revives it's probably easier to protect your merc though, you might consider this if you have an infinity merc.

I haven't tried this on Duriel, but according to Arreat Summit her melee attack is not as powerful as that of Lilith, so it should also work on him I guess.

5. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I'm thinking of just using the sorc herself to tank to mini ubers in order to protect my merc from them. I'll also probably make a Duress armor for my merc in order to get open wounds and a bit of crushing blow.

Also, if I were to equip a weapon with say...prevent monster heal or something (Call to arms has that. Very sweet), how would I hit the enemy? My AR sucks. Will conviction be enough?

Oh yeah, how tough are these guys? Can my merc actually take them on?

6. xniteman

Well, it looks like your are not a melee sorc, and you can't cast lightning and do melee attack at the same time, which means you can't leech back enough life to sustain yourself as a tanker...

Furthermore, tanking against Lilith yourself is mission impossible. Even under 95% poision resist/75% poison length reduction (after penalty)/max block/max dr it's still impossibly difficult (one of my friends once tried it). The reason for this I think it's her high AR (30K versus 13-14K of Diablo/Izzy and 6K of Duriel) and melee dmg (also a bit higher than Diablo/Duriel/Izzy...). According to that friend with max pr/plr her poison dmg is neglegible but her melee damage still can't be compensated by life leeching even with life tap on.

So against Lilith you definitely need something else to tank for you, and either feed your merc full juv's like crazy or come up with a method to keep him away from her, otherwise he will die in 2 seconds.

PMH doesn't work against the ubers, so you need either poison damage or OW. With conviction aura the enemy's def is greatly reduced (by 80%+), and their original def is just 2-3K, so you don't need to worry about your AR too much if all your need is to hit several times and proc either OW or poison.

Infinity has a good dmg in the first place, so the immune-to-all guys won't be too much a hassle. It takes time to kill them all but your merc can do it.

7. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Well, if I'm allowed to open town portals, then I think I can probably do it. II heard rumors that TPs aren't allowed though...is that only for Uber trist? Also, if I do manage to get 95% poison resist (what gear can raise max poison resists? Venom grip I know is one), can health pots + a high life regen keep my life from going down?

Wait, what if I cast Cloak of Shadows on Lilith and then just stand far away and cast Lightning. Does that work?

8. xniteman

You can open town portals when fighting mini-ubers.

Andariel's visage can raise 10% max poison resist, and you can drink antidote potions before the fight to get another 10%.

However, as I said, the biggest problem is not the poison, but rather her melee attack. Diablo/Duriel also hits hard, but there is often a rather long period between their hits, giving you time to regain life through life leeching or drinking health pots. It's a different story with Lilith, since almost all her attacks would hit (high AR), and her attacks are fast.

I'm not sure about Cloak of Shadows, never used that skill... It might work I guess, but still it would be hard to keep your stupid merc alive...

9. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

The blinding effect of CoS does not work on Bosses, Champions, Super uniques (including Act Bosses), Minions of Destruction, and Oblivion Knights. The -%defense on CoS works on all monsters except Act Bosses.

10. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

How many attacks per second can I expect from andy? Her physical attack is not nearly strong enough to hit my life,w but I /am/ woried about my mana bulb. I guess I can just bring enough Rejuvs to tank it out, but...