Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can a bone necro MF bosses at a decent pace?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sequoia, Apr 29, 2010.

1. sequoia

sequoia Diabloii.Net Member

Can a bone necro MF bosses at a decent pace?

I have a fishy, and while it was fun for a while to run level 85 areas (which it rather excels at), it is a bit slow for most bosses, and it really brings down my efficiency when I have to do a 30 second run to pindle to raise my army.

If I re-spec to a pure bone necro, (and keep my merc) will I be able to run meph/andy at a pretty quick pace? Or will it be much slower than my fishy? How about poison (with general MF gear, and not geared for poison specifically - i.e. shako, enigma, hoto)? I heard that got buffed... :p

I should clarify that it will always be on players 1. Will it be able to run baal with no troubles or will it struggle?

2. MFDeath

MFDeath Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Can a bone necro MF bosses at a decent pace?

My experience on past ladders with pure boners (lol) is that you lose all of your safety from minions in exchange for rather underpowered spells (compared to other casters), even fully synergized and properly geared... Yes you can shoot a few K's magic damage at a pretty high rate, but it seems like it takes just as long wether you're spamming Spear/Spirit or not.
    I would say if you already have a well built fish that works then keep rockin' it; Just try to pump your merc with as much CB as possible and keep the Decrep on, let him do the work. Also, try to MF as many possible spots in a single game to minimize rebuilding your army.

3. sequoia

yeah, i do full game clears really, i run all keys, i run all act bosses besides duriel, and i clear chaos sanc, pits, wsk, usually.

but sometimes it nice to just have a char that can drill meph over and over, you know? alvl 85 areas sometimes are a drag when they don't pay off for long long periods of time.

i'm not too worried about safety, as long as i am not getting raped i'm fine.

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls Diabloii.Net Member

Yes a bone necro can mf bosses at a decent pace.

HoS

5. CrushingBlow

CrushingBlow Diabloii.Net Member

With enough Skeles/Revives it's extremely fast. The fact that a Fishy can clear Uber Trist in like 30 seconds should tell you it can have great potential.

Just pick some good revives, the Urduars or the Ogres with Crushing Blow are amazing against bosses. Most of these you can pick up along the way to Meph or Baal easily. If you run any other bosses, just run around A4 real quick for more revives.

I wouldn't use a bone necro, even with Enigma it's a slow boss killer. And if you do have Enigma, all the more reason to stick with a Fishy.

I used to love PnB necros, but ever since I started using a Fishy I'll never go back.

6. Wizdomm

Wizdomm Diabloii.Net Member

A pure boner with a strong merc can run the bosses. But a few meatshields do help protect you, so I would White a wand with Spear/Spirit and Revive for PvM. Also, carry a magic/rare necro head with Revive on it on switch to BO (so you don't lose all your minions everytime you BO). Your Revives will be pretty weak so you, your merc, and your CE will still do most of the killing...but the Revives don't die either so they are good for a 3 minute meatshield.

7. Virid

Virid Diabloii.Net Member

You'll kill at a totally acceptable speed with a decent merc, 3 point in summoning for clay golem, and an otherwise corpsespear build.

That said, you'd have better results where you can actually use corpse explosion.

8. sequoia

That kind of goes against the whole idea I had, and that was to be able to MF bosses quickly without taking 30 seconds to create an army first. ESPECIALLY going to get some good revives, which is really really unnecessary for just running hell meph.

Anyway, yeah, I tried it, it's pretty much similar speeds to the fishy, except I don't have to spend the time to get my army started first. I find meat shields are not a problem, between my merc, my golem, max block, and a really high bone armor, I am never really in threat of dying. My golem/merc on the other hand... sometimes *SOMETIMES* their HP dips, but not often. I am thinking about putting my spare points (10 of them, I didn't max teeth) into GM or CE, but not sure.

But yeah, when it comes to running meph/andy it is almost as fast as a sorc which is what I'd hoped for.

9. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

A few deviant Necromancer drivers have started maxing out Poison Dagger and using Crushing Blow to speed up boss kills. The poison damage isn't relevant; it's the huge +AR% that they seek to help land hits.

The poor may like a Strength dagger and Goblin Toe. The rich might find Fleshripper and Gore Rider to be more their style.
    Beware or Be Aware, that Fleshripper's item slow will conflict with a Clay Golem's slow and may cause desync between the client and server. :)

There are other spots to add CB, but these seem to be the most useless parts to most summoners.

10. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

Since bone spear needs tons of skills to be effective I would say it can do decent pace but hammerdins are faster for mf. But bone necros can mf too at decent pace.