Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can a blizzard Sorceress rescue anya?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ter, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

Can a blizzard Sorceress rescue anya?

I was in a game with a friend yesterday using my level 76 blizzard sorceress.
    with a Wizardspike, Mosers blessed circle my resists are 85,90,75,75 in hell and I was absolutely destroyed in the Frozen river trying to help him (and myself) get the quest. The ONLY thing in there that wasn't cold immune were Gloams who slaughtered me despite my 75% lightning resist. I couldn't focus on killing them because the cold immune Hell Witches were EVERYwhere.

IS this something I'll just need to get help on or is it possible to solo?

2. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Teleport a lot. Let your mercenary take at most 4-6 of them at a time. Telekinesis helps. It takes a while but i've done it personally. Reduce the amount of monsters your mercenary has to face at the same time when he's amplified.....

3. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Thos is something I had to deal with myself a while back. Once I found all the cold immune I just tele there, talk to her and just tele away... then tp backwards and forwards.

But if you are wanting to kill anything... youll have to be in a party for meat shields and hit the one or two thigs that aint immune.

BTW my sorc survives ccos she has max energy shield and telek. Dont think you could otherwise. :thumbsup:

4. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

I did try just teleporting over...but in the island by Anya (which I had time to count before hitting escape and watching them swarming my body) there was Fronzenstein's crew, 11 cold immune Hell Witches and at least 8 gloams so there wasn't a safe place to land as I found out...much less a chance to talk to her and tp...I was dead in about 3 seconds and in hit recovery from the moment I landed. Maybe it was just bad luck that I hit two boss packs one teleport away from the island and only bounced there by mistake...

5. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

My God!!!! You were damn unluck... but I lured Forzenstien away first :idea:

6. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

Broken record time......Did Anya quest in one run, no life loss, no worries about CI, and no dead merc. Took a little longer than a dual or single tree but got the quest, the reward, and didn't get killed... Archmage does have her uses.

7. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

I've had a similar experience on Frozen River while rushing a friend with my meteorb sorc. The monsters that were there were Gloams, Witches/harpies, and Cold Skelemage -_-. Basically all projectile attacks so my merc was pretty much useless and I would get hit no matter where I teleported. And they were all immune to cold so my frozen orb couldn't touch them and my meteor wasn't effective since they all move around/run. Needless to say, I died a few times and eventually gave and and asked to make a new game. Next try, monsters were the undead swordsmen, harpies, and the big yeti monsters :D Much easier to teleport to Frozenstein this time

8. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

that is great...and my level 83 meteor/orb sorceress..and my level 77 lightning Javazon both got the quest fairly easily as well...unfortunately I can't get the quest for myself so I was asking specifically about a cold only sorceress in an area that seemed to spawn with nothing but killer cold immunes. perhaps I'll try an archmage for my next sorceress...but I'd like to finish with this one first.

on a related note Nataku00 it was nice to hear that there is a chance to get an easier group of monsters.

9. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Well if you still dont have the Q I can help you if you are on Europe. Basically youll need a party to do it.

10. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

thanks :) I appreciate the offer...but I'm on USwest..I'll just keep trying solo till I find a game where the people are doing it

11. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

lol why dont you just swich to fire sor man. If you dont have one just go for pally boy. No immunted monster to his type. Maybe there will be but I my self had never seen one who wouldn't get owned by my 11k+ hammer damage.

12. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

I've got a hammer paladin I'm working on (well he will be once he gets to level 18) but that isn't the character I'm working on at the moment. I like to take different builds and use them where they will do best and I heard that the blizzard sorc was good for Mephisto and pindleskin. I can already do meph..but Pindle isn't available until you rescue anya...hence my question. I've got another character that can access him but...what is the point of a "fast" run if you have to wait 5 minutes for the game to burn in?

13. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

As in all areas, different games in the same area will spawn mobs with different resistances. So create the game over and over until you create one with less cold inmunes (they'll still be around 1/4 of the mobs cold inmune tough). This is the only way I could beat Baal hell with my necro ebcause the goalms where killing me.

14. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

ladder or non ladder uswest ter? im on right now and I think I can stand around and help a little.