Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Camping out Dclone

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ToXin, Mar 9, 2004.

1. ToXin

ToXin IncGamers Member

Camping out Dclone

i have only faced dclone once with my skellie mancer and he got pretty destryoed but i still manage to kill him. Since then i made a new palidin just for killing dclone (zealot). i just have some questions taht i tried looking for in the forums
    1.laying of the hands or draculs grasp for killing him?
    2.do you need to camp in a game with the soj counters selling or just any game? ( my friend got dclone 3 times with 0 soj counters by just going afk over night)
    3.does anybody still ahve taht post about changing ur ip to find HOT servers?
    4.does 1 hit from a PMH stop him from regen? i heard it only stops him for 1 min then u have to hit him again.

2. kockblocker1

kockblocker1 IncGamers Member

Let me take a stab at your questions:

1. I say drac's. Unless you have guardian angel and full 90 resists to Light and Fire you will need the leach to camp in front of him doing zeals. Even then I may use 2 or 3 rejuvs to stay alive (solo of course).

2. Need to camp in a game with the counter going. Eventually he will spawn.

3. Do a search and you should be able to find it.

4. PMH works for maybe 2 minutes (I have not timed it myself because I keep Natures Peace on when I fight him and it last the entire time). There was a post about this a few weeks ago. Just have something in your stash with PMH and put it on whenever you fight him.

Hope I could help ya.

3. IgorekSF

IgorekSF IncGamers Member

I used laying of hands and had no trouble staying alive with only red potions, with rare rejuvs as well. With laying, the killing speed increases by much.

I believe a hit with PMH stops regeneration for as long as the one hitting stays within the spawning range of the monster. But it's not at all necessary to have PMH; Open Wounds or simple poison charms work well.

4. willluk

willluk IncGamers Member

i used draculs for my 2 kills simply because if you use a fast weapon and have ias on some items (andys face is good with a ral in it) the life tap is literally immunity to death even with all the dmg dc is doing. a few pots here and there when life tap has run out will do you fine. i use a zealot too :)

5. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

On top of using Life Tap so you never die, stack as much crushing blow as you can to kill him even faster.

My fury werewolf carries about 50% crushing blow, which levels DC in about a minute.

I know of someone extreme who uses a 5 ber phase blade for smiting DC, kills him in 15 seconds easy.