Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Calling the Senior Citizen's Division!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WarriorPoet, Mar 1, 2004.

1. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

Calling the Senior Citizen's Division!

Greetings all! It's that time again; time to put on your depends, find your teeth and get those walkers shined up!

Just making sure everyone was available for the game scheduled for tomorrow night (Tuesday 2MAR04) from 9pm until 11pm Eastern. Last game was great and I believe we'll only get better as we venture into Act 2 after killing Andy!

Kelicc also had a suggestion that I thought was a good idea to implement in our group as far as drops of unique items are concerned. With this team I don't think that drops are going to be an issue, but I thought it might be best to have a system and understanding in place for when we start finding things that more than one person is interested in. I believe this is the same system used by Team Ugly on Thursdays...

They use a "choosing list". The list is initially ordered alphabetically. If something drops, it's mandatory that everyone is alerted that it dropped and then we see who is interested in the item. If more than one person is interested then whoever is higher on the list gets the item. Then the person who gets the item goes to the bottom of the list. I would be willing to maintain the list for our group.

This is merely a suggestion and maybe it's not necessary. I'd hate to see anyone get angry over a drop, even if my first impulse is that in this instance I may being a little "too" careful. I'd love to hear from *any* team on how they handle such things as well...just out of curiosity as much as anything. :)

Ideas? Thoughts? Does it work? Am I a complete idiot? (I swear it's only 75%! :D) I'm all ears! Er....eyes.... :)

Hope to see you all tomorrow night!

Poet

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Helll I dont care, just drop all the sin stuff on the ground and ill take the 8th Shako we find!

3. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

EH?! SPEAK UP, SONNY! I CAN'T HEAR YA!

((turns up hearing aid))

Oh, sorry, all better now :D

Yeah, that's a good idea, if people think it's necessary. I'm happy to just divide things up on a "who needs it most" basis, but I'll be pleased to do whatever the group decides.

I better rest up for tomorrow night! :sleep: And drink my prune juice!

4. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

that's fine by me, if people think we need it. I should think that about half the time its obvious who gets the drop, and the other half the time it's obvious after one thinks about what character would most benefit the team with the item. For instance, it's most important that our barb gets the best gear, as he'll be our tank, and will get beat on the most. So if a nice +life, resists etc rare armour drops, Poet needs it much more than me, the palidin hiding behind him. Dunno, but as an untwinked team it makes more sense to me to spread the wealth according to what the party needs first, then what each build needs individually.

5. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

I should be able to make it tomorrow.

And the choosing list was only a suggestion. Yes, ideally everyone would share and give items to the member of the team that benefits the most from it. Yes, it makes the most sense to make the TEAM strong, not one player. And, I am by no means grabby at all, so I'm not striving to make the best individual build. Heck, my sorceress still only has 1 ring and no gloves at all and we're about to be in Act 2!

Sometimes it's cut a dried what items go to whom. Sometimes it's not. I was just suggesting a system for those times where it's not. For example, we have 3 casters, I believe? What if something with a huge +mana drops. Which member gets that item so that the team benefits the most? Not really cut and dried is all I am saying.

Just a suggestion, I don't really mind if we do it or not. Just trying to avoid possible conflict later.

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

dont count me as a caster!

i just want a 3 socket Helm and 3 Psaphs......but before that I want a 2 socket with a couple flawed.

Then I want a Stealth

then I want FAST boots as FADE is slow

Then I want all the Sins crap and you know most will be MELEE....grrr

Then I want all the left overs as I know I can beat this game with a Stealth and Psaph Helm, Runed Armor and a couple +claws easily shopped or found or gambled.......but i NEEED fast boots.......BTW, i have done this before!

Oh Ill take that 8th Shako, Maras, ... etc

BTW, my clanmates call me the "vacuum" and TU has probablly noticed. i have been acused of snatching items out of mid air! Thing is i give most of it away i jsut like to ID crap and keep my snatchin skills finely honed for all my public play!

7. WarriorPoet

Okay, so no list needed. After all, we *are* Seniors! ;) And since everyone is class specific anyway, we'll work on that basis. I don't think we'll have any problems...even with the Vacuum around! :D

I was so busy trying to tank last go around that I was still using damaged gloves when all was said and done (I bought a better pair as the game broke up)...and I never realized that a unique bow had been dropped by the Countess until I read it here (not that I'd have any use for it of course)! :lol: I'll get up to speed eventually (famous last words).

Oh and Stinger you can have the 7th Shako...I've never found on in my life; I wouldn't know what to do with it! ;)

See you folks in channel SCD around 9pm on the morrow!

Poet

8. CoonerTheRed

maybe if that situation (huge bahamut's ring for 3 casters) comes along, we can just go on randomness... let someone pick a number and whoever guesses the right number wins :p

i doubt it will be a problem often enough to cause trouble.

and Kelicc... you can't fool me... the only reason you have one ring is cause you gave your other one to me to lvl up with :lol:

9. rathwraith

rathwraith IncGamers Member

nice i played a little catch up with 1 of my mules :)

should be there np necro zoomancer can some1 post the channel name agin lol missed it somehow :)

10. CoonerTheRed

channel SCD at 9 eastern :)

11. skunkbelly

I think we're making a good choice to just divvy up stuff as needed.

Regarding Stinger's points: we should make sure we keep all jewels, regardless of quality, on a mule. For crafting, if nothing else. Might not be a bad idea to do the same with resist charms.

Reminds me of the good old days... Why, back when I was a youngster, we didn't even have charms! We had to play in 640x480 resolution, the stash was only half the size, and there were no elite uniques or runes! And another thing: none of these pansy-a$$ partial set item bonuses, either. Your merc didn't go from act to act, or difficulty to difficulty, and we didn't have no darn baal runs or hostile timers. GeForce SchmeForce. All we had was VooDoo, and it worked better than all this modern mumbo jumbo.

Now we got all these kids, twinking their lives away. Makes me sad for the future.

:sleep:

Eh? Whad'd ya say? Must've nodded off...

12. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

You guys crack me up! :D

Keep up the good work, and remember to take the pills.

Silvervixen (Team KTA)

13. CoonerTheRed

skunks, you're going crazy. When I was young, we didn't have sets, uniques, gloves, boots, belts. When I was a youngster, we waded through the depths of hell with not so much as a strap of leather on our feet. Sometimes wading through poison spit... not even a strap of leather i tell you. Not only that, but there weren't any of those sparkly aura things you see these days. Mercenaries? What are those? In MY day everyone was a magician- my rogue's firewall was just as strong as some dumb sorc's, and she learned it by reading a book- didn't need no dumb akara to teach her crap. And the monsters these days are ALL pansies. In my day, if you stood up to 6 dark knights, you were awesome. If you stood up to 8, you were legendary! None of this whirling-til-my-stomach-is-hurling crap. Just good solid smacking with swords. Yeah. :lol:

14. WarriorPoet

Well back in *my* day...we only had 16 levels to explore! And there were these rhino things that could open the doors themselves and almost made me soil myself the first time I saw 'em! And there was this little kid, Squirt or Wirt or something...always making an arse of himself trying to talk me outta my money; the little brat made me pay him just to *look* at his stuff...and Griswold was a drinking friend of mine, not some crack-head zombie of a critter with bad halato...er...haloter....uh...bad breath!

And we liked it! We LOVED it!

:D

15. skunkbelly

roflmao

Yep, THOSE were the days, Poet. You couldn't even RUN, for crying out loud! And when someone finally got around to expanding the world a little bit, it was butt ugly, and full of useless junky trap-like objects. And to make matters worse, everyone expected you to READ BOOKS to get better at your skills! Nowadays, if you find a book, you just give it to Alkor, and he gives you the "l33t [email protected] po1ntz." Spoiling these modern kids rotten.

16. kenshinlod

kenshinlod IncGamers Member

Those were the days my friends... we thought they never end.

17. durph

durph IncGamers Member

I would play if there was room. sounds like fun

18. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Hell back in those days i think I was playing Pong!

19. skunkbelly

On a serious note, I'm sure some of us can remember those good old Pong (and even pre-Pong!) days. Which is scary in and of itself.

I can remember being about 4 years old, and my dad, who worked at Bell Labs, brought home a computer to play the original Adventure game. No monitor in those days... the game was played by typing in commands and reading text that printed out on a roll of paper.

I can also remember being scolded in fourth grade for talking to another student about writing a BASIC program on my dad's TRS-80 Color Computer. Apparently, she thought it sounded like I was bragging about being rich, because people just didn't have computers in those days (I wasn't rich, of course... just lucky enough to have a computer geek for a dad).

20. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

In 4th Grade like 1980 or so I was deeeeep into Dungeon and dragons and Lord of the Rings. We played none stop almost!

Then the guy, a freshmen when i was in 6th got a computer. He was a treky and at my age i saw no problem there. Anyway he got this game he had to manually code in that was Star Trek based. Well i hung out and watched that for hours....ya watched as it was overwhelming for me and he didnt have the restraint to let me play and him watch!

Anyway he had many other games, I stayed to board games, got an Atari with Pong and Space invaders and continued my Slots Playing (arcade stuff) ruling Asteroids, Pacman, Ms Pac, Galaga, Galaxian...etc Thank God i had paper routes as i may have stolen to get my fix if i didnt! Mom always asked why I needed more Quarters every week!

I remember in about 1981-82 My ole man was addictied to these games also and he would take us to the Arcade. We blew $50 one day between the 3 of us and this was when you gould get like 6 tokens for a buck maybe more. i think we walked in there at Noon and it was dark when we left and IIRC it was Summer!!! He about crapped when he realized how much we spent but then figured out it was around 6-7 bucks an hour for (3) people so it wasnt all that bad in a "per hour" rationalization!! We NEVER spent taht much again though!

He started AA classe about a year later, oh Arcadaddicts Anonymous and now he gets pissed if he calls me and I am playing diablo!!!

He understands thouhg that he got it all started!