Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Calling everyone with a boner out there

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Apr 3, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Calling everyone with a boner out there

owk, srry about the title of this thread, coulndt resist it :teeth:

yesterday i made a bonemancer out of boredom, and he is lvl 36 right now....
    GOD does he rock, i mean, i twinked him with a coupleof items, but jezus, players8 is like normal act 1 :bonk:

but, what do you guys use as your main spell? spirit or spear?
    i really like spear due to the piercing effect but i think a spirit can do WAY more damage..

ow and what did you guys do with the bone wall// bone prison situation? which skills have you maxed and do you use??
    thnx in advance :lol:

robin

2. Bud Nearly

Bud Nearly IncGamers Member

well I havent played a bonemancer myself yet, but last night I duelled against a friend who had maxed spirit and some points in bone wall....
    A though fight I must say: he casted bonewall around me and then blasted me numerous times with the spirit. I "nearly" lost from a character that was 20 lvls lower than me :p , but it was fun none the less....

3. esd

esd IncGamers Member

Well I use Bone spear for my main attack, but I have a 'white' wand with total +5 to bone spear so the listed damage for bone spear and spirit is equal (2.6-2.7k). Bone spirit is better against single, moving targets and bone spear against mobs. Another thing to consider is that bone spear flies faster than spirit.
    I have maxed Bone Spear, Spirit, Wall, Prison and I am putting points in teeth right now (lvl 87), although I don't usually use bone wall or prison, I maxed them only for the synergy to attack skills and bone armor (only 1 point in it).
    One thing you will need is a tough tank - I use act 5 merc, but act 2 defiance or holy freeze could do as well.

4. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

aaargghh.. i was expecting something else from this thread..
    :drool:

:lol: :lol: :bow:

5. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

try maxing both spear and spirit, they both have their uses

ie spear against mobs

spirit against bosses

6. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

my bonecaster is lvl 89 or 90 (not pat yet - pindle runner :) )

he is maxing spear(main offencive skill)/spirit/teeth(working on that now)/wall(main def skill)/ CE (great for pindle and other places)

nothing in boneprison since he is using marrowwalk buggy

he can kill most stuff in high players game in hell with ease

he have a firerogue merc as help

GL with your boner robin :)

7. strijdje

tsk, marrowbug = nOOb :teeth:

k thnx guys on the advice, i just killed normal baal with him and he is lvl 41 :)

robin

8. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

My setup:

Dim Vision 20
    Decrepify + pre's 1
    Spear, Spirit and Prison 20
    Wall 9 (last points were going there)
    Teeth/CE/BA 1

Dim Vision + Prison pretty much stops anything (except for Champion/Unique ghosts), then kill with Spear.

9. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

/grabs the lotion and the tissues.

Oh wait, wrong idea....

My bonemancer uses Spear more often than spirit just for the fact I like making massive amounts of lined targets and killing them all in 2 or 3 shots each.

I may make a new Bonemancer, cancel my Fishymancer, (But put him in another file for future fun) and make a Bonemancer MFer.

10. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yeah im a n00b, so what? :grrr:
    :creep: :creep:

11. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

I have a bonmancer clvl 92, and also I have a hybride one with poison clvl 87. so about your question the spear is the better than spirite, low mana costs and piercing, and if you complete his setup the spear will have more dmg than the spirite:D and it has about 7200 dmg per cast :lol:
    about skills, max spirite, spear, teeth (the last skill to be maxed), wall and prison (if you won't use marrowwalk), if you'll use it then max ce, and 1 point in AI curses and optional one point in clay golem and mastry and resist, but I have soloed the whole game without a clay golem. Have fun this one is realy fun

12. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

A pure bonemancer truly rocks. I got a level 85 in single player, untweaked, he's doing 3200 damage with his bone spirit at 125 cast. No skillcharms yet. Found a perfect viper ^^ I'm maxing all the synergy skills for the Bone Spirit, I'm really looking forward to him having them maxed all out. I'll try and find 3-4 p&b skill charms, this way, i'll be running (teleporting with an enigma?) around, casting bone prison, hurling away some pain then cast corpse explotion. Man he's just laying waste to his foes..

13. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

He rock eh? Wait till act 5 hell and play on player 8. :teeth:

14. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

... I do play on players8 sometimes, although it limits me to certain areas of the game atm. Usually i use players3 or 5, that is, if I'm not just doing trav runs etc..
    ** fhr (2 over bp)
    125 cast
    all resist 75.
    Loads of run/walk
    Maxed out skills:
    *Teeth *Bone Spear *Bone Spirit *Bone Prison *Maxing Bone wall now.
    I've been playing this game for a long time and I have few problems predicting immunities, monster behaviour and understanding what might be around the next corner.. so I run around, casting bone wall, firing away some bone spirits while keeping a bone armor which absorb 570 or so damage atm. Teeth actually isn't bad at higher levels either. My merc is an act 1 fire merc with nice ias, good leech, not bad damage and most important; a Delirium. So basically i'll trap 'em, she'll confuse 'em and I'll blow 'em up with corpse explotion, great fun. Of course I can't wait till i'm level 99 and got 10 x p&b skill charms with fhr or life on them, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, and I'm not about to take a shortcut to make it happen either.

15. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

What type of damage are the bone skills? Magic damage only? Magic + physical?

What do y'all do for the immunes? Use the merc? CE (which as I understand does 50% physical and 50% fire damage).

Nar

16. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Bone skills = magic damage.
    The only monsters you'll have some difficulties with is Achmel & his gang, the Baal minions. Np - you cast bone armor, trapping them while your merc does the job.

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

no, a n00b would be someone who has marrowalks but doesnt use them. a sensible player will always use the best equiptment he has unless there trying for a underpowered build. and since marrowwalk is clearly the best boots for necros then id say he must be a better player than those who refuse to use them. :D

18. strijdje

tsss, typical a nOOb answer :teeth:

j/k ;)

19. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Personally, I don't see how you guys can have a Boner without an Elite Unique.

Steve

20. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I donno, guys. With my build, the spear of my boner seems as if it'll be stronger than it's spirit when it's all over. Have any of you had that happen? Is it a problem? I suppose you're right, Steve--with some elite uniques, i'd probably be able to up my spirit considerably--but probably decrease my spear a little. And while it might affect the overall strength of my spear, it would help me be effective in more situations.

:uhhuh:

i'm tired. don't hold this against me. :innocent:

and all of this is incidentally true...i've got a +3 base "White" bone wand which will make my bone spear do more average damage than my bone spirit when the build is done. and, yes, i'm probably going to be using the newb marrowwalk feature. :lol: