Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

calling all tele experts...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Feb 9, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

calling all tele experts...

odd request, but let me explain first... this request comes from a scenario where i was teleporting along happily in WS2 when i got to a dead end, turned around, and promptly teleported into a clump of monsters. i panicked, tried to run away when i couldn't teleport away fast enough(which just succeeded in separating me from my merc), and finally just juved and esc/exited. I'm thinking I should have done better, especially if i had planned my teleports a little better (along the wall maybe?), but I'm curious to hear any tips and tricks from the experts...

so, this might take someone a couple minutes, but if someone who is rather good at teleporting around places without maphack (without dying too) could pass out any tips (even a short mini-guide) i would much appreciate it.

muchas gracias :D

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Not a tele expert, but go counterclockwise on lvl2 seems to be fastest most the time. Also be sure to check near wp as it can be just a short tele, some here goes for lvl 3 when you get there. On lvl 3 I keep right shoulder againts wall and take first turn always. i havent really gathered a pattern.

Unfortunatelywith narrow passages I dont think there is a "wall hugging" technique, but if you do this at least you have a 50/50 in halls and in the major "rooms" you can probabl yavoid things also. Unfortunately sometimes the badies are in those side cubby holes so your wall hugging might be more dangerous.

Fast is its just not safe, get all the FCR you can and if you can get the 120 (or whatever is after the 63) mark do it, but please dont try it without the 63/70 point. Personally I wouldnt do it unless I had max FCR, max block, solid hit recovery and DR/Absorb...

Since i dont have this gear I dont see me doing it so i will leave it for the rich or crazy! Meanwhile i am always ok with walking, and any arse badgering you if you refuse to do it can go fly a kite!

3. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

Depends

Which difficulty were you in?

In NM I've done it with very basic equipment. If you pay attention and teleport carefully you don't really need FCR, just mana pots.

In Hell I've tried a couple of times without success :( I hear you just need 105+ FCR and teleport non-stop. I've yet to try that, since I don't have the equipment to go max FCR and have MF, too. Also there used to be a casting bug at 105 FCR that you'd need 115. Don't know about 1.10.

In the WSK, hugging walls sometimes requires skipping to the next non-narrow section. But I've found there's sometimes a pack right there, where you can't see. Now I just run until I see a group coming and skip that group, and so on. Sometimes they're all over the place, such as the little flayers, who can cover the floor. You just need max block and some good cast rate then :) I have 70 FCR for the 63 breakpoint. Seems to work well in NM WSK and Hell Durance.

I can see how continuous teleport is good, since I've had to do it many times to get out of harm's way. The problem is mana. A guide I read from the sorc's forum recommended maxing teleport, which I'm doing with my current sorc. It saves a lot of mana over time, and my sorc's only FO for Hell Meph anyway.

So hope that helps. For more info see sorc forum. The pvp people will always be able to tell you more about teleport than pvm people.

4. Kazuya

Kazuya IncGamers Member

Throughout the first 7days to 14 days ladder restarted i was i believe the 9th guardian on the west realm, there werent enough people to baal (public so to speak) so we did chaos runs and i got better with my orb sorc.. finally baal runs came up and i got to lvl 90 pretty quick i think when i hit level 90 i was #14 on the realm, anyways to get to the point i got invited into private games because i was one of the few people that had the balls to teleport to the throne and not die, some tricks that i learnt were (most are obvious but some do help)
    #1 with your right hand hold down the teleport.. dont teleport, acess the situation then tele again, dont ever stop teleporting, if you do most likely you will die, because i know my gear sucked and i did NOT even have 63% FCR. i had 50% from just occy + magefist

#2 with your left hand dont have it on alt f4 or escape key, have it on your full rejuvs, usually i carried 12 rejuvs 4 greater healing then tp book + antidote in inventory, have your hand on 1 and dont skimp out, the juvs are there to be used

#3 if you have a fast computer (i didnt, and still dont.. when i teled throne 8 player i never had more then 18fps) it just makes it easier, if you dont at least get 15 frames, dont do it.. if you have a slow computer you Must have Battle Orders, generally if the players were under 5 i would go without bo

#4 when you hit a pack of monsters and believe me you will, there is no secret method to avoid them DONT try to quit, dont panic just keep trying to hold down the mouse ahead of the monsters and juv, dont try to stop to fight, dont fumble with the keyboard, ultimately when you try to quit using alt f4 your character from my experience stays in the game for another .5 of a second or so before it leaves, which IS fatal, when you turn off your computer at the base your character stays too long, it will die.. when you save exit your screwed also because once you hit escape you cant use juvs until you press save exit, STAY in the game and just keep teleing, you should have mana because you just used one of your full rejuvs

#5 If you know no one in the game and your teleing down my advice is dont loot. i play Alot better knowing that if i die im screwed, your senses are more heightened.. its like playing paintball knowing if you get hit it might hurt but you'll be fine but in say real war you get hit your dead, of course you'll be more cautious.. this is kinda getting off topic but anyways

#6 try to tele down before other people scatter the monsters, i teled to at least 100 thrones they are clumped and when they havent been on the screen of another character it takes them a second to react, by then you should be gone even with 50% fcr..

#7 my last tip would be try to keep your mouse as far off the screen as possible, stretch it dont do little teleports, its like playing roulette if your slow or do little teleports without confidence you'll die, if you hit a dead end and say teled through some might doom knights (which ive done and lived multiple times with just 10% dr) make a tp and start over at the waypoint, gloams arent hard if you keep teleing.

Little things like fhr, pdr, 105% fcr help.. but they arent necessary, just excuses for people who dont have the confidence to do it if anyone cared i started to tele down to throne with this gear and lived

Mosers Occy 4Pruby gothic Armor +2 magical ammy phesants nightsmoke 2 dwarfs waterwalk and magefist

eventually i got better gear like shako and stuff but i started with that above gear... 840 life and 600 mana was my base.

5. Pezeteros

Pezeteros IncGamers Member

I do it no problem with 50% fast cast, but then again there will always people who say that defense on sorc is useless. ^^

TGV is a great asset. Just keep a couple of mana pots on inv or belt cause you're gonna get your mana burned a lot

PS. Has anyone encountered conviction Gloams with TGV on and wants to share his experience?

6. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

My sorceress has 80% FCR, HotO + MageFist + Arachnid's, to hit the 63% Breakpoint, and I teleport clockwise around durance hugging the walls, which not only keeps you away from monsters, but helps you find Mephisto faster. :) I hug walls in areas that aren't the same every game, such as bloody hills, and the other act 5 areas and other areas, such as the upper act 3 areas, the River of Flame, et cetera. Good luck!

Lucky