Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

calling all SCD and Team-Deviant

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Mar 23, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

calling all SCD and Team-Deviant

Hey guys, Kitriara suggested this awhile ago and I thought I would bring it up now to get some opinions...

Since we both have untwinked teams running on Tuesday nights, we were thinking that some inter-team trading would be a good idea. So if someone from SCD finds a tasty rare head with +22 to poison nova (yes, that's +22 skills), i'm sure Deviant would be happy to give me the 3rd HoZ they find in exchange for it.... (i can hope :D )

what does everyone think- is inter-untwinked-team-trading cool?

2. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

I think that in the spirit of solid community building in these great forums that this would be a grand idea. I play a throwsmiter for deviant and would love a good weapon or elemental damage charms. Huzzah for teamwork.

3. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

I couldn't possibly see a problem with it. Seems like a good idea to me.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

hummmmmmmm

I vote against, it sort of soils the spirit of untwinked!

If we are to die to some pitifull luck, lack of ingenuity, or teamwork so be it! As far as i am concerned there is NOBODY plying this game, it might as well be a home networked off line game!

5. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

If we are voting on this then I would also have to vote against. Not because I'm against community building, mind you :) We're two separate teams, not one. To me, untwinked means using only what is found, shopped, or gambled in your game. No trading allowed.

I would guess that it would be up to WarriorPoet since it's his team (SCD). If we do decide to do this, I'd be ok with it. But if it were up to me I'd say no. No offense intended toward anyone!

6. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

I tend to agree w Stinger...seems like a slippery slope away from untwinked. But it's Kit's team as as I am concerned so I'll go with whatever our leader decides as as Team DV8.

Of course if any on SCD has a Raven's Claw or gets a Demon Machine down the road my moral fiber might break down a bit more.

7. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Heh, those were my thoughts. Stinger mentioned that we may as well be playing on a LAN. I had always taken the view that we were playing in this vast community but not taking advantage of all the rushing, free "junk" items (possibly godly to us) and all the other battle.net poison that gives the high end items to players who shouldnt have them yet. I figured if a party of adventurers met a second, like-minded party that they'd be happy to help each other out.

Hmmm, it seems like more are against than for it, and since obviously everyone is down for untwinked, I wouldnt wanna rock ze boat by possibly shattering that definition. So I guess for now we'll just put the idea on hold (possibly indefinately?) Personally I thought it was a neat but without everyone on board 100% I wouldnt wanna move on it.

Still everyone, keep all those sets and uniques, juuuust in case :uhhuh: As DMX once said, its dark and hell is hot. I'd hate to hear that someone threw away a +3 summoning prismatic amulet, ya know? :surprise:

8. WarriorPoet

WarriorPoet IncGamers Member

I agree with this statement Kitriara.

And anyway, we're playing with "The Hoover" (our own Stinger, that is)!!!! Things drop and are sucked up so fast that I begin to doubt I even saw them in the first place! :D

Poet

9. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

The Hoover.........hum I have been discribed as many thing but this is new!

Its and instant reflex I have that I have never been able to change. At times I can stand back and let things hit the ground and leave em sit, but more times than not I grab them before I even realize it. Dont worry though, I give away more valuables than i end up owning and my clanmates can vouch for that!

I guess i have spent too much time in Public when more times than not if you dont get a bit grabby you simply wont get anything.

10. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Yeah, I feel like this ruins the spirit of untwinked play. A nice thought, but I'm rather against it. Sorry guys.

11. Pintail-Hunter

Pintail-Hunter IncGamers Member

How did Deviant fair last night? kAbsolutely killed me yesterday with my CD ROm drive out of action.

Anyone play my paladin?

12. viamede

viamede IncGamers Member

We killed the council, but not having gone down the sewers we stopped there, it being 11 and all. Have heart and eye. No one played your paladin as far as I recall (I am easily confus-ed). I believe someone tried to whisper your friend but they were not around.

I was level 25 when we stopped. When you level up please hang on to your Act2 merc. We had three switch to A3 lightning mercs last night which is not too helpful as I cannot enchant them (well it does no good as they are casters).

Kit will post a full account today on other thread.