Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call To Arms

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Poppis, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Call To Arms

I was thinking of making a Call To Arms runeword for my Meteorb and I was just wondering which weapon I should make it in.
    Now obviously for my sorc, the weapon doesn't matter(as long as she's able to wear it), but if I ever have to trade it, the base weapon might count for something.

So does it matter in trading, which weapon is used for CtA?

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Call To Arms

One of the best and most popular choices is a Flail. It has OK requirements, is easy to get 5-socket, and looks cool.

Second one is a Crystal Sword, especially etheral. I dunno why, but apparently people think Ethereal CS's look cool (don't give me that crap about "lower requirements", EVERY char should have at least 43 strength).

3. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I looked some of the weapons at Arreat and the only options(ie. normal weapons, lowest requirement, excluding 2-handers) seem to be Double Axe(43 str), Flail(41 str, 35 dex), War Scepter(55 str) and Crystal Sword(43 str).

I have seen a lot of people selling socketed flails, but I thought they were only used for HotOs.

So it's looks what counts. Don't remember what a ethereal Crystal Sword looks like in-game, but my Khalim's Will looks damn nice, so I quess I'll try a Flail then.

4. ProfessionalBerg

HotO uses 4 runes, so 5-socket flails (which are often seen sold out there) are used for CtA.

I thought up one more reason to use a Flail: since many people use HotO, which is made in a flail, they have all the basic requirements to use a CtA as well (in terms of strength and dexterity).

5. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

I was able to find a 5 socket Superior Flail with 10% increased durability and I remember hearing something about high repair costs on runewords with superior durability. Is this true, and if so, does it have any(negative) affect on it's trading price?

EDIT.

Another question on CtA. Battle Order and Battle Command synergise(spelling?) each other. Will this work on the BO and BC from CtA as well(ie. will they get the extra duration from synergy bonuses). I'm quesing no, but I just had to make sure.

6. Noammr

Noammr IncGamers Member

Well your cta shouldn't need repairing since it's use for buffing and not for hitting stuff (which is the only time a weapon loses durability), so I would imagine it doesn't matter.

7. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

One more reason to not do it in a flail is because you have your HotO already in one. If you accidentally hit weapon switch, there's a chance you never noticed that you're casting with a non-caster weapon.

The Enh Dura will probably only lower the value for the reason you mentioned. But as Noammr pointed out, it's not likely you'll encounter an enemy with CTA, since it's for prebuffing. That's why an ethereal flavour weapon will work as well and looks even cooler (and has better resale value).

I don't think they synergise eachother because both spells are granted by the item and therefore not a 'hard point'. Only hard points invested in the skill synergise (i.e. actually allocating skillpoints in a skilltree).

8. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Do Ethereal Flails actually cost more? Never noticed that before, but then again I can't seem to remember the last time I've seen Eth Flails on sale.

Fortunately this is going for my Meteorb who's using full Tal set, so accidentally switching to Flail-CtA during battle will be unlikely.

9. ProfessionalBerg

Beware! Tal's set adds to SORCERESS skill levels, and will not increase the BO/BC level. You can go with a prebuff switch (something like Vipermagi + Shako), but that'd be too much bother.