Call to Arms questions

Marjorie Bowen

Diabloii.Net Member
Call to Arms questions

I have a Barbarian and am looking to equip it with a CTA. I read that for a CTA I need a 5 socket weapon. My barb has maxed out Sword Mastery.

My question: What is the best 5-socket weapon for me to build a CTA with? Or does it make no difference as most people would use it as an alternate weapon just for BO, etc. and switch to another weapon in PvM?

Thanks!

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Most people use crystal swords or flails, for the low requirements.
Though, I can't really see why you'd want one for a barb, as you can get + to battle orders in cheaper ways (magical spears/knifes for example)

If you made it in anything else than a weapon with very low requirements, you would have problems selling it, since people hunt for low reqs.

pliu

Banned
CTA for barb is a waste because +BO in CTA is caped at +3 for barb ( it have +1 all skill though) and a +3 Warcires weapon is much cheaper. You can make a CTA in Flail or crystal swords.Some people also make CTA in Phase Blade.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
CtA also has +1 to all skills, so for a barb it will provide +4 to BO and BC. That means, with an echoing weapon or HotO in the other hand, you will have +7 to BO/BC instead of +6 from two echoing weapons, assuming its BO/BC bonus is at least +3. However, that's quite an expensive way to get another +1 to BC/BO.

Marjorie Bowen

Diabloii.Net Member
This is really helpful, thanks. I'll hold off on building a CTA.

There was a reference to "echoing" weapons. Is this the same as a +3 Warcries weapon? Are there particular places that I'm more likely to find these weapons?

There was also mention of HotO. Is this worth building, or am I better off with the echoing weapons? If I duel wield, do I get +6 or is there a +3 limit like CTA?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
This is really helpful, thanks. I'll hold off on building a CTA.

There was a reference to "echoing" weapons. Is this the same as a +3 Warcries weapon? Are there particular places that I'm more likely to find these weapons?

There was also mention of HotO. Is this worth building, or am I better off with the echoing weapons? If I duel wield, do I get +6 or is there a +3 limit like CTA?

"Echoing" is the prefix that give "+3 to warcries", so they are the same.
You can easy shop those from Malah in act5 hell. Just visit her in every baalrun you join, and you'll have a pair within the hour.

Hoto gives +3 to all skills, while echoing weapons give +3 to warcries. Your warcries will be the same regardless of which you chose, obviously hoto is more expensive though. The only advantage of using hoto is that you will get more castrate and thus be able to BO faster, and you'll have better resists while doing it. (It is not worth it, unless you make a singer barb, using warcries only)

Dual wield gives you grand total of +6, +3 from each hand.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Because the cap on off-class bonuses for characters with the skill on their own skill lists applies to the sum of bonuses, not to each item separately, so a barb will get +5 BO from 2 CtAs.