Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call To Arms on Grand Matron bow???

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Dad Daniel, May 28, 2005.

1. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

Call To Arms in Grand Matron bow???

I was thinking about all those new good 4 socet ladder-only runes words for ranged weapons. But what to do with Item like Superior Grand Matron Bow +15ed/+3skills/5socets??
    In the Arreat summit Call to Arms is determined for "5 socet Weapons"?
    It is not restricted as melle-only or not, so i think it will work on all kind of 5 socet weapons, including ranged ones.

So if this is right, Only imagine the properties on the Call to Arms rune words over such superior 3 skill bow! 305%(290+15ed max possible)/40 ias should be really decent option!
    Without to mention for the Battle orders...

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

yes i have one on one of my zons...nolomite was nice enough to supply the 15% +3 gmb....turn out to be 273% ed and 4/4/2....the pmh is sweet....not to mention the ll and some good mf....i use this on a pit fa/strafer....the extra skills help the cold damage alot...the bow does well over 3000 damage with might merc

the maphackers go nuts when they take a look at what i use on that girl

3. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

lol sounds intersestin..but im not rich enough to try. i got 1 cta on a 1 hander, so i can have a shield with plus skills as well; strictly to bo

4. superdave

it definetely is not a cheap weapon to make...there are several other bows that will outperform a cta but you can run pits in an 8 player game without too much hassle...i do recommend anyone with some runes to burn to check it out for their fa/strafer...i do use a giant skull for kb so i can still use loh

5. citybird

citybird IncGamers Member

what about the 5 socket +3 Mat bow?

I traded for an unsocketed +3 Mat bow and tried to use the cube formula to get a 4 socket bow. No joy and ended up with a 5 socket. After looking on arreat summit the only word that would work is Call to Arms.

What other good options would there be for a bow like this??

oh ps: what does a zon sound like when she gives a Battle Orders Shout???

6. Draco

Draco IncGamers Member

To bad u cant make beast bow :p

and about the battle orders of a amazon... u dont wanna hear :S

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I know what you mean :D. Bowzons are pretty low on +all skills so the BO is actually pretty low compared to Pala/Druid etc. I tried it and wasn't particularly happy with low/short duration BO :p.

8. SevasTra

SevasTra IncGamers Member

well if you are talking about a pvm amazon , could look something like this

Shako (+2)
    highlords(+1)
    Chains of honor(+2)
    Stones Of Jordan / Bul - kathos(+1 each)
    Annihilus (+1)

Thats a easy + 7 to your Battle orders / command when using just one ring.

9. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Most bowzons nowadays use at least one Raven Frost (some of them 2). The mighty Fortitude pretty much replaced CoH for Bowzons, and not all bowzons are willing to give up attack speed by wearing Harlequins.

So in my view you're looking at Shako, Highlord's and Anni for a total +4 to all skills :p. Just a low, short duration BO, nothing else :D.

10. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

It's a bow, so a low BO is better than no BO.

11. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

why cta on bow? U miss a shield to prebuff ur bo and there are many bows out there that are better.

cta is mainly for bo and bc, never use for offense in many case. the dmg is simply too low compares to other bows.

12. superdave

simple answer...why not.
    ignoring the fact that cta comes with battle orders, the runeword makes a very respectable bow....

+skill...40IAS...good life leech....PMH....make it in a superior bow and you could have in excess of 300 ed(can you say cruel?)....

how many people would scoff at a cruel gmb of quickness?

of course there will be a few bows that will be able to rack up higher damage than a cta but not as many as you would lead people to believe....run some numbers

cta bow could easily be considered an "end game" weapon....yes there are more suitable bows for most cookie cutter builds...this is a weapon to try after you have taken everything else out for a test drive

13. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I wish it was more popular. 5 socket Ama bows with +3 skills are a heck of a lot easier to get.

14. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

And, I believe someone asked earlier what else you could do with a bow like that... aside from something like filling it with ed/ias jewels, you could put Honor in it... however, I don't really recommend honor, as it has no ias.

DS, thoughl. :lol:

15. superdave

honor won't work in a missile weapon

16. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

CtA would make a great weapon, melee or ranged. Thing is, for the same price you could probably get some better weapons. But if you really want to use a CtA bow, go for it. Do it for the style points.

17. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

botd dmg can simply beats cta and has stats (and it's cheaper), and faith bow beats cta by miles. (up to +5 skills, and nice fantacism/ias)

18. Sokar Rostau

Maybe on West BotD and Faith are cheap, but on Asia, where we are not flooded with dupes, these are out of the price range of most players (to give you an example, the runes for Enoobma cost around 45 Ist, then there's the cost of the base armour on top. And this is the way it should be on all realms). If everyone on Asia, for example, waited until they could get a 415ed ebotd they would all still be using a cracked short sword at lvl 99. Just because another weapon can do more damage doesn't mean it is the be-all-and-end-all of weapons. Faith, for example, is a great bow, no doubt about it, but for a Frostmaiden I would take Ice any day (maybe use a Rogue with Faith though...). Another thing is that not everyone WANTS to use the same weapon/armour/shield/helm. One of the beauties of this game is the enormous variety it gives us in build and equipment choices.

I had a friend, since moved to WoW, that used a CtA Mat bow and it got him to lvl 97 without any problems. He never lacked for power and was one of the strongest pvm bowazons on the realm until WoW (and then the new runewords) came out.

19. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

i know. Im just saying that is the best option here.

Btw, how is cta cheaper than botd. Botd only requires 2 hi runes while cta requires 3. (unless ur in ladder but then ppl would use faith)

If u buy a +3bow 415% grand bow then it is expensive, but regular botd bow only costs around 3-5 hi.

20. Sokar Rostau

You play on a heavily duped realm where price has no relationship to anything other than the number of dupes on ebay. I play on a realm where price is based upon rarity. On Asia you could probably make 30 CtA for the price of a single BotD. Ohm is easy to achieve, and cheap enough for almost anybody to have, Zod is not. As I mentioned before, a single Ber rune costs around 20-25 Ist, and Zod is worth more again.