Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call to Arms in a War Scepter, which +skills to look for?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tigereye, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Tigereye

Tigereye IncGamers Member

Call to Arms in a War Scepter, which +skills to look for?

I am thinking about using my Ohm rune found in the MFO summer 2007, but can not decide on the which base weapon to use.
    I am only going to use it for the BO, not going to kill anything with it, so it must have low requirements.

I think the best option is a War Scepter with some nice +Skills, but I need some input on which skills to look for.

I have this already:
    War Scepter
    One-Hand Damage: 10 to 17
    Durability: 57 of 70
    Required Strength: 55
    Required Level: 30
    Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0xbb83c504
    +1 to Redemption (Paladin Only)
    150% Damage to Undead
    Socketed (5: 0 used)

I do not want to trade for a better War Scepter, I am self found and staying like that for now. I don't want to play 1.07 for a +HS War Scepter, so that is not an option for me.

Edit: My question is, should I try to find a better War Scepter with e.g. +3 Redemption or +1 Redemption and +1 Vigor or ..., which kind of skills should I be looking for on the War Scepter? Then it could also be used for something besides BO.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Re: Call to Arms in a War Scepter, which +skills to look for?

Uh....if you're using it for the BO and not killing anything with it, why do you need + skills?

And yeah, war scepter wins.

3. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I think Vigor and Redemption are nice skill savers for a PvM Paladin build. Mine has meditation on it. +1 will be fine though.

+3 Fist of Heavens would be very nice if you play a PvP Vindicator/Templar (or T/V).

Good luck with the roll.

4. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I'd say good skills are utility skills. Cleansing, Meditation, Redemption, Salvation and Holy Shield are the most obvious (personally, I'd include Conversion too).

That said, if you're staying self-found, I don't foresee you improving on your current scepter any day soon (without a little luck)... what you have is 'good enough', in my opinion.

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

This really depends on whether you'll actually be using it. If you choose to use it as a weapon (which would be viable on, say, a Holy Freeze/Shock zealot), then bear in mind +skills will make the repair costs go through the roof. On the other hand, if you're only using it for prebuffs, then I'd say hunt for a better one. After all, while Ohm isn't uber rare, it's not exactly common, either. You don't want to waste your only one on a sub-optimal base item.

Try running cows, pits, etc for some socketables or plain whites (you can have Larzuk socket these; just make sure the ilvl is high enough, and you're guaranteed five sockets).

6. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Unless I am forgetting my game mechanics (it's been awhile), Holy Shield can't spawn - or rather, it's so rare as to be almost nonexistent in 1.10 and above... depending on what characters you are planning to use it on (I'm a fan of 1-point holy shield and then boost it with +skills), then your best bet if you want that would be to somehow get one from 1.09 patch... maybe with some Redemption and Vigor or Meditation kicked on there as well.

7. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Certainly some of them can't spawn, if I recall correctly it's something like it tries X times and if it fails on all of them it has to spawn with something so it bugs out and spawns with the restricted skill. I can't remember if it's HS or not though :(

8. BobCox

BobCox IncGamers Member

If you are a really lucky bastard your could find one with Holy Shield but I would not wait that long.

9. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Holy Shield and Smite shouldn't be able to spawn on scepters. After 6 failed rolls they can though.

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Trade a HS scepter from someone playing 1.07 or 1.09b. They drop MUCH more fequently in those patches.