Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call to Arms and +skills calculation

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by fahartle, Oct 8, 2006.

1. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Call to Arms and +skills calculation

Hey everyone,
    Is there anything funny about the way Call to Arms works. Do all your +skills count toward the warcries (spirit shield, vipermagi, shako, and ammy?). I ask because I have a light sorc with a CTA and I just found a Mara's (20 all resist, grrr.... but my first Mara's so still pretty happy!). I'm wondering if I should swap out my +3 lightning ammy for the maras for the benefit to the CTA... Thanks!

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Only +all skills works, so e.g. a sorc won't boost CtA's warcry bonuses with a +sorc skills amulet and bonuses to barb skills/skilltrees won't work for non-barbs as well, at least not those with the "barb only" descriptor.

Of course, a barb would benefit from the barb skill bonuses, but oskill bonuses are capped at +3 for the original class. With CtA, that's still +4 because of its +1 to all skills. Because the cap applies to the sum of oskill bonuses, wearing two CtAs makes no sense for a barb.

Regarding your sorc, only do it if the other mods of Mara's are better than the mods of your amulet. For example, my cold/lightning sorc has a sorc amulet with +21 DR which is very useful versus the poison snakes in the Halls of Vaught (where you have to go to get destruction keys), so I decided not to replace it with Mara's or Seraph's Hymn.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Follow-up question:

Does a barb torch help the warcries provided with CtA? I remember reading somewhere that people were using amazon torches on other chars using the Insight runeword themselves, to boost the +(1-6) to Critical Strike skill. Is this true?

This probably is worthless to a sorc, but still...

4. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Ha, yeah. It's a +3 light and 10 replenish life. How's that for a useless second mod ^_^. Swapping out! Thanks guys!

5. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

no,i t doesn't help