Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call me stupid - but what is 'crafting'?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aradhai, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

Call me stupid - but what is 'crafting'?

As the title says, what do people mean when they say they craft this or that?Thanks.

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

3. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Short answer: Mix stuff in the horadric cube to get new stuff.

4. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

Thank you very much

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Stupid.
    Sorry, anyway, crafting is basically making new items with multiple ingredients in the horadric cube. crafted items have a funky orange colour as well, although its hard to craft something end game worthy. blood crafted gloves are often handy, with CB and a bit of LL as standard, and gloves generally arent going to make or break a build, so its ok to sacrifice a pair of mittens for these crafted ones.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Stupid ?????????????

7. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

My Mama always said : "Stupid is as stupid does" :teeth:

-Frosty Gump

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Rather than craft by the crapload like many do, I take crafting as an opportunity to take a magic item that would have been nice if it had good mods and reroll it as a rare that's guaranteed to have 4 affixes plus the guaranteed one from the recipe. Check out the Hit Power and Blood recipes for weapons. 30-60% ED doesn't sound like much but that extra boost to ED could turn a pretty good weapon into something really nasty especially if you actually break 500% ED which is only possible with the crafting recipes (HIGHLY unlikely since it requires two mods at max and 50-60% from the crafting mod). My favorite is rerolling elite scepters and Mauls with Hit power. I'd reroll more axes with blood but it's really hard to find the desirable ones like Berserkers. Haven't crafted anything amazing yet, but I'm sure I'll see something decent eventually.

The other most popular ones are glove crafting recipes for Assassins and especially zons since gloves can come up with 20% IAS and + all/tab skills to both classes on top of other useful mods and the caster recipe for rerolling amulets since that can actually have up to 10% more FCR than a magic or rare amu.

Check out the magic prefies/suffixes section on AS to get a better idea about all this prefix suffix stuff if you're not familiar. It's handy to know what kinds of mods could appear on an item.

That's one thing I like about this game. As you accumulate more and more stuff suddenly everything becomes potentially valuable. Whites and grays can become amazing runewords. Blues can be crafted into items that surpass most uniques (if you get incredibly lucky). And rares can be upgraded from normal to elite status. Not to mention that charms and jewels can be rerolled. Next they need a recipe that reduces uniques to normals for a full cycle kind of a thing.

9. skihard

skihard Banned

Pherdnut - said it all, I have a ring on my pali that has 10% FCR, Duel Leech, plus other very useful mods, thanks to Crafting....well to some it up the MH guys are always making obscene offers for it.

Oh and you can usually shop zerk axes, I have a pretty good one on my frenzy barb. over 400 ED I believe not sure been many moons since I've played him.

10. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

crafting to me, is a VERY satisfying way to create a potentially godly item, that no one else is likely to have. i dont think i have any current screen shots, but i have a few amulets in service right now that i made, and they are pretty nice. not always as high resists as maras, but they can get close, and have more useful mods over a maras. i have several maras, but when i can (such as a character who doesnt need to top our the resists) i use crafted amulets that i made, for the style points :)

11. öäå

öäå IncGamers Member

I have a question about the level required to use the crafted items, does anyone know how it is determined? Is there some kind of factor for the "highest" mod so the result would be the lvlreq of the item just crafted or is it just luck to get lowreq rather than high. It seems there's usually the same lvlreq when there are couple of same mods in two same crafted items.

12. DeMeVeR

DeMeVeR IncGamers Member

i dont really think crafting axes is worth the effort
    400 ed on a berserker axe or 350+ ed and life leech on an eth berserker axe (botd) makes a diff
    and the botd will be much easier to get :p

but caster amulets (10% fcr or more) and caster boots (up to 60 mana ) are worth a shot
    also hit power gloves can be nice for bow ama