Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call me Ishmael. (or newb)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LazyRpplToo, Mar 26, 2004.

1. LazyRpplToo

LazyRpplToo IncGamers Member

Call me Ishmael. (or newb)

Im a newcomer to this forum and single player itself and i wanted any info. or advice people might have for a newb who has a good knowledge of diablo(charecter building, ect.) but doesnt know the first thing about sp. Im most interested in muling in sp and this ATMA thing ive seen so much of. I play online mostly by myself already(i cant seem to find anyone worth playing with on a regular basis and the clan thing seems to me to have an air of the "thank you sir my i have another" theme to it) so when someone told me muling and multiplayer were available in single player i came here as soon as i could. I also am under the assumption that playing alone in sp means an easier difficulty and better drops as opposed to playing alone on bnet.(is this true?) Thats about all i can allow myself to ask at this point, dont feel you have to tell me everything there is to know about sp(im sure ill pick up the rest as i go). Oh, and to anyone who's read the following i offer this lovely bouquet of parentheses ((((())))) free as an introductory gift.

2. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

Welcome ( You'll get a lot of these ), and enjoy your stay here! :D

For the questions:
    SP is not easier per se, but since you can play like it was 8 ppl in the game and get all the xp from the start, you will most likely get a level advantage over your B.net characters when facing bosses ( and turning down the players X setting ), for example. Also, it drops like it was more players in the game, which means MORE drops, and more gold, but not neccesarily BETTER drops, although you get a better chance, as the game rolls the dice more often. ( and no, i don't need your (())'s, I've got plenty of my own :p )

3. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

4. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Welcome, Ishmael, newb, LazyRpplToo. It's good to have you here.

It seems that it is not a large step for you to turn to single player, and that it is also a logical one. Many of the same things apply in single player as do in a solo game on battle.net. The main advantages, as you and Ehtirno have already pointed out, are centered around playability and items. Since you're the only person in the game, you may do as you wish, take as long as you wish, kick every barrel, open every chest, and go down every dead to find an armor rack. Drops can be increased through use of the players x command (/playersX where x=1 through 8); this also increases experience gained and moster hit points. Single player is not easier, but it can be either easier or harder depending on how you play the game. You can play on players8 from the time you create a character until you reach level 99 if you wish, and the experience bonus is better than any Annihilus charm on b.net. Finally I must draw your attention to the honesty of most single players. We have nobody to cheat but ourselves, and therefore, we tend to play cleaner games than you see on battle.net. Our community here on the Single Player Forum is based entirely on honesty and trust, and that means you have to give it to get it.

5. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

Told ya :p

Free drinks at the EMB!!! :drink: :D

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:wave:

Welcome to SPF!

I wouldn't say SP is easier, when you play alone you must do all the killing yourself, not just rely on your party. MFing is easier in SP, map is not rerolled every time you go play, that happens only when you host/join tcp/ip game or go to next/previous difficulty. You can also use whatever player setting you want by using /players x command. If you increase it, you will get more drops. That is very useful because some builds can handle /players 8 easily alone, so why not to beneft from it?

:)

7. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! Enjoy your stay and have a :drink: on me!

8. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Welcome to not only the SPF but also the SP life in general!

Single player is in no way easier that b.net. If you played single b.net, then it's the same here. Not only can we MP, but we can also increase the players up to 8 in a game...increasing monster difficulty (well hit points, damage etc)...which then improves drops...but not the quality.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

9. LazyRpplToo

LazyRpplToo IncGamers Member

ok, ive done a little experimenting with player8 trick(very cool), but i'm having trouble with atma, i dont exactly know how to get my charecters in it along with their items and such. Any advice on this would be greatly apreciated. Please dont use to many big computer words, im handicaped when it comes to using programs outside of diablo. :cheesy:

10. grnmtnguy2004

grnmtnguy2004 IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. :howdy:
    You won’t find a more friendly and generous group. A little nuts sometimes (food fights etc) :flip: But still a great group
    Good luck on your builds and most of all have fun.

11. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! :howdy:

12. Milamber

Milamber Banned

1. Load ATMA
    2. Click File then Open
    3. Go into Diablo/Save and select your character
    4. Your character is now opened, select second menu bar (next to file)
    5. Select New Stash
    6. Name stash
    7. Drag items from your character to the stash, and then vice versa

Note that when you open your characters they are short listen on the side bar, so you simply have to double click in future.

13. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Dont' forget the stickied guides at the top of the forum...they're WELL worth a read-through, and they are chock full of information that'll make you slap your skull and go "ahhhhhh, now I get it"

14. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! :howdy:

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

welcome! enjoy your stay!

16. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the SPF! Hope your stay is enjoyable and profitable for your characters!

17. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Welcome to the world of SP and the friendliest forum around. Drinks on me! :drink:

Takis (El_Greco)

18. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Hello and Welcome. :howdy:

19. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums! Please read the FAQ and enjoy your stay!

:wave:

20. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Yes welcome :howdy:

Head over to the EMB and have an appropriate :drink: on me :lol: