Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Call for Guides/FAQ Info

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Garbad_the_Weak, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Call for Guides/FAQ Info

Hey all,

This is just a reminder to PM me the link and whatnot to your guide (even a link to a thread on the forums) so I can add it to the guide listing. Also feel free to submit guide to the strategy comp more. Elly has been asking for more druid guides. We have several that are good enough, simply submit them.

Garbad

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

I will write one!

Wait, who am I kidding, I don't have the time... :(

...or do I...

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Once my personal situation gets fixed, I'm updating my guide for 1.10 Mauler Variants and will make a thread for it [which I think all the guides should have, and keep them clutter free] and send you the link if you don't do it already.

After I get strats done, I will probably submit the guide if it actually is going to get put up this time.

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

When I finish reposting my dueling strats in a few days I will let you know.
    They got left out but I'm not about to complain, my whole guide could be gone :D

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Hmm, had nothing to do so I corrected errors and finished a PvP guide.
    How should I go about updating my guide? Someone else posted the recovered .1 version I guess of it, it disappeared at about .2, and now I've got .3 ready. It's linked to in that guys thread though, and he couldn't edit it now anyway.

6. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

Hi,
    there is this statement in the compedium
    'Once the guide has been commented on and you've had a chance to make any alterations the moderator will ensure it is included in the Strategy Compendium.'

got confused.

7. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

so, if i can complete my strat section, my guide goes to the strat compendium? cool.

once it is posted there, would i be able to still do minor updates? or its best i have longer intervals between updates. ie: ill update it if there is in need of big changes.

8. Garbad_the_Weak

Ignore that. O_O

Elly has said she wants to have more guides in the strategy comp and not stickied here forever. We can update as needed once a guide is in the comp. For those quides we have now that are resonably complete and good, go ahead and submit them and update as you need to in the future.

For updates, just make a new thread and PM me telling me to update the links and such.

Garbad

9. Garbad_the_Weak

Basically, we are trying to get all the quality guides organized more, either here or in the strategy comp. If you can think of anything the forum needs (faq, guide, strategy, tactics, how to mf, etc) just write it up and send me a link. We will include it in the FAQ/ stickies and if people like it, you can submit it to the strategy comp after a few days feedback.

Garbad

10. ~Kazama Fury~

*puts on nub helm*

so how exactly do i submit my guide? its already posted in a thread. however my guide is linked to geocities, would that cause a problem?

11. Garbad_the_Weak

k, just wrote a little guide.

Read it plz

Garbad

12. VictusMetuo

Is this line:

Most guides should NOT be massive 50 page monsters that try to explain everything there is.

directed towards me or am I one that's not in the "most guides" part and I can still have my monster. I'm asking because since I'm obviously going to be adding more to my guide since it is going to focus on Mauler Variants in general [really just to save me the time of writing a second guide on Hybrids which a lot intertwines anyway] and each will include benefits with the build. Basically I'm looking at everything being increased in size. So I need to know if this is going to be a waste of my time because I got frustrated when my old guide never went up.

FYI my guide was more than 50 pages, but it was half and half between strats and everything else.

13. ~Kazama Fury~

i am also worried about this

i am still missing some items and the whole strat section. i also expect the guide to be bigger along the way.

14. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

I don't know how you guys get such long guides, mine included everything that was really needed for a fury wolf in 1.09 and was 1/4 the size of Victus's (IIRC).

Of course a newer guide would be much larger..

15. VictusMetuo

Well each part was 30 something pages long and the total was between 65 and 70. If I didn't try to include massive Strats, it wouldn't be that long. Plus I didn't just want to list skills and builds, I wanted to go into each skill. Each skill will probably have to be more talked about in a Variants guide, since you'd be dealing with a lot of stuff. I just like to get everything delt with, so if someone asks a question to me or on the Forums, I can be like go here and read this. Or other people can post sections to answer questions, so it sort of saved me time in the long run anyway. Stuff pops up constantly all the time and a lot is the same stuff. It's nice to have a reply to all of that, that is already there previously.

For me, it'd harder to write a short guide than a long guide.

16. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

I'm going to start Summoning Ranger guide. But I will need help, so if anyone has Item pack and has a static IP w/o router pls let me know.

17. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I wonder if I have enough time to play a new build through Hell mode... Probably not. I'd like to, though.

BTW Sim, Summoning Ranger=Hunter.

18. ~Kazama Fury~

um sim. we call that a ranger, a very popular build already :)

isnt there a ranger guide already out there? actually there were 2, one was accused of plagerizing the other.

edit: hmm ok... forum is acting weird on me. seems like proud already commented on the ranger thing ><

19. Garbad_the_Weak

No, didn't mean it that way guys. For the first guides, yes, longer is better. What I meant is we don't need 50 redudant guides (ala 1.09 wolf guides) that each say the same thing. What I want is a few really good (and long) guides and then much much shorter add ons to update or show new variants.

Garbad

20. Garbad_the_Weak

BTW, Sim was talking about a guide for things like "How FHR and FBR work" or "How deadly works" and the like. Those kind of things would get published too, even if they only organize the info so people can find it easily.

Garbad