Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Calis the Hunter: Day 2

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Metelgear, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Metelgear

Metelgear IncGamers Member

Calis the Hunter: Day 2

Well, today I managed to finish act 2 with my hunter, and I must say it was hella fun. I had to think up of some creative tactics to deal with some situations.

For example, when I started the act I realized that I was killing things waaaaaayyy to slowly. It was mostly because I didn't have a good weapon (was using a magic xbow at the time), so my minions were doing most of the killing. However, higher strength monsters sometimes killed my minions and I needed a new strategy. I noticed that my minions can really tear things up if the enemies are already weakend like halfway at least. Wolves spread their damage around, unlike grizzlies. I didn't have any area effect skills (and I don't plan on having any) so I decided upon two other ways to accomplish this.

First, I found a druid wolf mask or whatever that had +1 to fissure. This is a pretty damn powerful spell for act 2 (i was playing players 8 and it was still doing lots of damage). This I equipped and it gave me very good damage output. Also, I had used Gas potions in act one, so I decided to give them a try here. This worked out very well with Fissure. In the tombs and desert, monsters come in pretty big packs. So I was able to start battles by switching to my secondary weapon (gas bombs), throwing a few, casting fissure a few times, and then my minions would break up the pack and I was able to pick off the enemies from a distance.

IT was a really fun act, but I suspect I will have to change my strategy for act 3.

Duriel was VERY tough at first. Act bosses own minions and merces, so it wasn't pretty (poor guard died like 5 times). In the end, I ran around the chamber in circles, casting fissure and throwing bombs behind me as Duriel chased my wolves and merc. I had to drink some mana potions to keep casting fissure and wolves, and went back to town a few times to refuel.

Finally, Duriel goes down and drops.....gold and a rare breast plate. Sighhh.

I hate act 3 so I don't think I will finish it until tommorrow.
    Well, here's the numbers:

{---General---}

Level: 25
    Days Played: 2.5

Current Difficulty: Normal
    Current Act: 3
    Current Quest: haven't started yet

Estimated Character Completion: 6%

{---Statistics---}

Strength: 68
    Dexterity: 92
    Vitality: 50
    Energy: 20

Health: 170
    Mana: 68

Fire Resistance: 5
    Cold Resistance: 3
    Lightning Resistance: 25
    Poison Resistance: 13

Physical Damage Reduction: 0%

Magic Find: 46%
    Gold Find: 268%

Deaths: 0

Regards,
    -Metelgear :winner:

2. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

Nice work man...

Keep it up!

3. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Why not keep the adventures to one thread. Name it Calis adventures or something. Diablo will be the hardest yet. I only beat him when i uber twinked my hunter and had to recast my grizzly over and over again

4. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Good job. Duriel is always my hardest boss to kill. It's the only time I use a shield and tank for my rogue merc. She shoots arrows and I beat on him with a wand. It works. Have fun in the jungle.

5. Metelgear

grrrr....diablo.

Hmmm, I'll think of something. Maybe ill "accidentally" forget to make it players 8? :drool:

First though, i need to finish act 3 which is a really poor act I think.

Anyways, if you guys wanna help out you can just send spare stuff to me i'm poor :uhhuh:

Errrrr send it to [email protected]

6. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

I don't know why everyone hates act 3. I like it except for the city part because I find rather empty. Keep the updates coming you're getting me interested in making a hunter myself. Gotta find something to do with my Eaglehorn, but still no WF :drool:

7. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

I'm with you, though I like all of act 3 even the cities. Sewer 2 is always nice, all those chests, and in Hell can yield some nice items.

8. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Nice Metel,

I hate Act 3, I don't think I even bother to worry with the waypoints. Just rush as fast as I can through it.

The ONLY good thing that comes from Act 3 is Meph. And that is only if you decide to run him for items. But since your still in Normal, and Meph doesn't really get in his prime until NM and Hell. I would say that would be a waste, so let me rephrase my above statement.

I HATE Act 3 Normal! :lol:

9. Metelgear

The main reason that I do not like it because of the inconvinience. Usually if you are progressing normally (not rushed), act 3 is annoying because there are huge swarms of enemies and you sometimes don't have your skills really beefed up enough to kill at a reasonable rate. Whenever I play an amazon, I usually skip this act for that reason alone.

Also, the atmosphere is another thing I don't like. It is just not fun for me to run around in a swamp with huge dead ends and no real certain pathways. I have gotten stuck in the jungle for hours, and it is frustrating. I like act 5 the most because of its atmosphere: outdoors, bright, snowing with some nice eye candy.

It'll have to be done though, I suppose?

-Metelgear :winner:

10. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

Yep. Diablo is a real pain to take down with minions. The bear can survive most everything until big D freezes him solid. :grrr: Then you might as well recast the bear.

11. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Looks like your doing ok :thumbsup: keep up the good work

Hunters are teh roxxor :teeth:

12. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

I have also a hunter currently in the works, currently in nightmare.

Now I officially hate the maggot lair. It's the Oak sages fault because it likes to greet every monster coming my way and it takes it's time about it, blocking my merc and grizzly from killing range, but I cannot hate my cute sage, so I blame the area. :D
    It is a good place for melee characters because you cannot be swarmed on more than 3 sides, mostly 2. It is tolerable to caster characters if you keep the monsters clear from one direction. But even with a single damaging summon(grizzly) it certainly brings the feeling of hell close enough to touch, even in nightmare.
    *imagines hell maggot lair*
    *covers in fear*