Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

calculation

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Blazko, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Blazko

Blazko IncGamers Member

calculation

Hello,
    I am new to Diablo II and I would like to know how the character values are being calculated by the programme. I mean for example your defence value: I added all the points from the armor and dexterity but the value I get is too high. Another thing: If I have some kind of armor that gives me e.g. +14% to my defence value. Are the 14% added after everything else has been added or are the % added at the beginning to some basic value - it would make a big difference. I have seen many automatic calculators in the internet but what I seek is a description of how D2 calculates all these values so that I can better understand the system. Unfortunately the manual of D2 doesnt say anything about this. Those people who have made the calculators must have the calculating rules from somewhere. Can someone help me?
    Thanks,
    Blazko

2. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave IncGamers Member

Re: calculation

An armour with 14% ED gets it on the armour only

eg You are wearing an armour with 100 base defence and 14%ED, the total armour defence value would be 114

100 *[1 +(14/100)] =114

eg I made fortitude in a 502 def Archon Plate, fortitude gives 200%ED and +15 defence

Total defence = 502 *[1+ (200/100)] +15 =521

3. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member