Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Calcualting AtkSpd bp's for oskills for different classes? <

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by BildBenny, Sep 29, 2006.

1. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

Calcualting AtkSpd bp's for oskills for different classes?

Can I calculate how much IAS a Zealbarb (or a Fendbarb*) needs by myself? How do I know how much EIAS I need? In short; what do I need to know (and how do I find that out) to calculate things myself for different oskills for different classes?

*I know that's impossible, but just theoretically.

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Not sure I can help much, but no one else seems to be taking a stab at it.

I don't know of any IAS calculators that go into any real depth for oskills. Sorry, no easy answer that I can point to.

You'll have to know the IAS or EIAS breakpoints for the different classes for the desired type of attack. I believe RTB has some of these posted in the FAQ up top. The EIAS formula is there as well. Unfortunatly, I don't recall ever seeing a table around for a zeal barb though.

Nothing in the barb forum? I know we have most of the sorc breakpoints, stickied in the sorc library.

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I thought about taking a stab at it, but then i remembered something about actionframes and values being divided by 255 and the cross class skills truly having to be reformulated from animations and got scared. There is definitely info on all this at two competing forum sites. Too bad policy says I can post them.

4. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

Finally, lol! I was beginning to think there was only "Rate my l33t Faithzon blahblah" people left! ;)

The German speed calculator works very well, as long as you keep to the classes original skills, and for shifting cross-classes there's the wereform central (although I've noticed that to be inaccurate in one case). What I just mentioned aren't competing places, right? Since they're not forums? Otherwise, I'll apologize and edit my post (unless the time in which to edit runs out, and in which case I humbly ask any mod to edit).

I'm very happy I got response on this matter. =)

Oh, right, and for assassins there's JRichard's site. Done quite a bit of reading on that one, and I'm starting to get really anxious to know exactly how to calculate oskills bp's for different characters. Think I'll have another look at JRichard's...

I'm a bit unclear on my own intentions on this knowledge, lol! ;) I just love doing different mathematical comparisons (on paper ofc :thumbsup: ). Been using different calculators in the past, but now I'm beginning to want to know the actual mechanics behind it.

I might consider writing (or even co-writing, for that matter) an FAQ for stickying here. But that depends on how much work is involved.

EDIT: Did a serch on the forums for posts made by RTB, but... well, this guy has some X thousands of posts, and even though I put in different words in the search field... Let's just say I could spend a week to a month going through all the results from one search and I wouldn't find what I was was looking for, lol!