Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cain's town portal

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oscar, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Oscar

Oscar IncGamers Member

Cain's town portal

After I rescued Cain today he made a town portal and shot back to town. I was then able to follow him through his own town portal and it didn't disapear for the rest of the game. It didn't do me any good or help the game but I have never seen it happen before and I wondered if it has happened to anyone else?
    Oscar

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It's happened to me once - I've never been able to reproduce it, so I'm not sure what causes it.

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

jup, happend to me once too, only once, never happend again, dont know what went wrong, maybe some kind of weird bug where u scare cain :teeth: i dont know

robin

4. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

Same thing happened to me also, but then again i haven't tryed to reporduce it yet..

5. fanatic

fanatic IncGamers Member

I had the same encounter once too. It was in a MP game with 2 other frens. never been able to reproduce in SP or MP.. i tried casting my own portal in sync with his, and talking to him b4 he went into the portal but to no avail =(

6. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

It's happened to me on a number of occasions. I think all the times where when I was playing on BNet with an average ping of about 500-600ms. I think there is a very short instant of time where his portal is clickable, and if you manage to click on the portal then, it becomes active. My guess is that you need some lag in order for that instant of time to be long enough to hit it.

7. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

i don't play on bnet any more, at least for the last 3 months any way, when i rescued cain the portal stayed open for me to use.

8. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

it has to do with timeing and your cursor has to be on it right as it opens. When it opens if you cursor is right it should say portal to town or whatever and if you click right then you will go up. But it is very hard to do and only happens on freak occasions :).