Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cable question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Mar 28, 2004.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Cable question

Now that I have a new TV, I was wondering if someone can tell me if there is a noticable difference between the standard cables that come with the DVD, PS2 and GC. I was thinking about getting component cables, but they are on back order for the GC and quite pricey for the DVD. Does anyone have those hooked up to their sets and is the quality much better?

Thanky again!! :howdy:

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I just used what came with mine...They work fine as far as quality, but since my TV is larger than most Cable looks funny sometimes, but DVDs and Xbox are utterly gorgeous. (Form of pixilation on the Cable I think.)

IIRC from your other thread you got a 27" HD Flat Screen. 27" is pretty standard and unless your cable provider broadcasts in HD it won't matter, DVDs do look waaaaaaaaaaay better though, and I just can't tell you the wonders it does from going from my 27" 5 or 6 year old TV to my larger HD Plasma.

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

You won't really see a difference unless you a) live near a radio broadcast antenae or b) have a really really good T.V.

I got the Monster Cable for all my systems just because I have ten of them and I like to keep things organized and the Monster Cable just seems to do it better.
    Really unless you have a nice flatscreen HDTV you aren't going to see a difference unless you have some serious interference on all of your local broadcast channels.

4. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

It would be mostly for gaming and DVD. I have cable, so the quality is gonna suck no matter what I do for TV.

The cable for the ps2 will set me back 10 bucks. The GC is about 30, but is backordered until the end of April. The DVD is kinda pricey and I don't know if it will look even better if I spring for that.

Its a fairly nice TV, retails for 800 bucks. I got it much cheaper on sale and I haggled a bit.

5. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

When in doubt, keep you freaking money! Rule of thumb...for me anyways.